Charging failed

marilyntina

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I stopped to charge on motorway services. Car wouldn’t rapid charge. Screen said ‘waiting for power’. A kind soul who had just used the point tried it again in his car and it worked. I tried a second point and that also said the same. So the points was not faulty. I ended up having to trickle charge with a 7kw that did work and stay overnight at the services. Now home I tried again at two other rapid charge points and it works!! What could the problem have been. I am now worried I may get caught out again on a longer trip.

I stopped to charge on motorway services. Car wouldn’t rapid charge. Screen said ‘waiting for power’. A kind soul who had just used the point tried it again in his car and it worked. I tried a second point and that also said the same. So the points was not faulty. I ended up having to trickle charge with a 7kw that did work and stay overnight at the services. Now home I tried again at two other rapid charge points and it works!! What could the problem have been. I am now worried I may get caught out again on a longer trip.
Sounds like a handshake problem - which may depend on the sequence of connections coupled with status of car. Without knowing brand of charger and details of car version, you won't get a lot of help here. More info. required.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom