• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Charging using Tesla Supercharger

I could charge across Europe last summer in my ZS ev as well as at Cambridge but this summer I plugged in at Blue Water ones and none would recognise the car. Going to try on Boulogne today. Seems like they broke what worked fine.
Be interested to hear how it goes (MG5 but suspect issues are similar)

Sadly the one Tesla charger station open to non-tesla cars I tried was unable to recognise my MG ZS EV Trophy Connect. That was near Harrogate on the Leeds Road. I specifically tried it as I havn't one near where I live and other members expressed interest.
That one works for me. Manchester plus Harrogate are good.

Have you had updates applied by the dealer in the last 6 months or so?

That one works for me. Manchester plus Harrogate are good.

Have you had updates applied by the dealer in the last 6 months or so?
Glad to know yours worked OK. Since trying this I have read that sometimes you can get it to handshake by holding the connector in the car to ensure good contact. Unfortunately I don't have any open Tesla super chargers near me at the moment. Although I am travelling to Scotland in later August so will try again.

In terms of the car software it came in March with the latest software (as far as I can tell). As I am leasing the car I don't have direct dealer but no doubt will need a 'tame' dealer in 6 months time. Also all the software seems to be working with no major issues so less inclined to fiddle.

Anyway great that has worked for you and I will try again in August and update then.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom