• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Charles Warner Lincoln - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Since no-one else has posted to this thread, I'll just add something of my experiences of dealing with Charles Warner, Lincoln.

Over something like 20 years both my wife and I have bought a variety of different cars from this company, including Vauxhalls, both new and second-hand (they used to be Vauxhall Main Dealers) and, in 2015 a new MG6 TL (which I still have), with an MG5 LR Exclusive on order with them, likely to be delivered in March next year, apparently.

Over that time I have always been impressed with their willingness to be as helpful and accommodating as they can be to me, as a "long-term/established" customer. I have no idea to what extent my experience would have been different if I were not such a customer but, over the years I have developed a relationship with various members of their staff which is both business-like and personal. Yes, there have been times when I felt somewhat "aggrieved" about my MG6 (e.g. whilst on my way to a family holiday to France, the near side front window developed a regulator fault - they're electric - and the window could not be closed. On return to the UK Warner's Service Manager persuaded MG UK that the repair should be done at MG's expense, even though the official warranty had all but run out.)

Overall, to date, I'm very happy.

I have been dealing with chap called Nigel and everything went well. Delivery times have been a pain on my MG ZS SR but it's across the board like this so can't really fault dealers for it. I was suggested affinity deal straight away when I got a car which helped with a cost. On delivery there has been delay with getting 7kw cable but got that sorted 2 days later which wasn't a big deal.

Very friendly and approachable no issues in my opinion. Happy to be dealing with them next year when it's time for a service will update then.

Had the MG5 LR since 15May 2022
Issue with delayed charging, booked in with Charles Warner, who explained all about the warranty and what was and wasn't included so I knew what I would need to pay if problem wasn't covered.
Very helpful.
Took car in a phone call a few hours later all firmware updates done and safety recall also carried out, they did point out a black box had been fitted and was plugged into ONE port, it turns out this was causing the issue!
I was asked to test car before proceeding any further, all very easy and makes a refreshing change!
Ordered Carpet mats and spare wheel kit, both items kept in stock so was able to collect next day.
So far have been very impressed with service and spares!
Will update later in the year when I take it for a service!

Bought my used MG ZS Ev on the 12th May from Stoneacre Mg Doncaster, because it was the only dealer that had an Excite model in Dynamic Red near me. Had numerous issues with them (see my review). But Charles Warner in Lincoln have helped me out brilliantly with all the issues I found, including doing a required software upgrade and replacing the steering column under warranty. I shall be using them for my servicing going forward. Have finally managed to get Stoneacre to pay for my second year service at Charles Warner as an apology for the poor service provided by them!! Can't recommend Charles warner highly enough, they are very professional and competent.

Bought an MG4 from Charles Warner.
Absolutely superb dealership.
Sadly I had issues with my car and it had to be rejected due to multiple faults, none of which were any way shape or form the dealers fault.
Nigel (sales Manager) was superb in assisting with my issues and agreed that my car appeared to just be a bad one.
They refunded me straight away, without any issue or complaint.
They could not have apologised more for the issues I'd had.
It was a 150 mile round trip for me to get to them.
Unfortunate that my dealings with them ended up with a rejected car, but as stated this was nothing to do with the dealership at all.
I wouldn't hesitate in buying from them again or recommending them to anyone.
You dont really know how good a dealer is until something goes wrong, but Nigel and the Team at Charles Warner were superb in how they handled my case.

Cracking dealer (y)

Tried to book repair of rear screen washer pipe squirting under dash area only to be told that they are closing down. Not relocating but complete shutdown and site to be redevolped. No information as to whether MG franchise is being taken on by anyone else.

Needless to say chap sounded pretty down about it.

Tried to book repair of rear screen washer pipe squirting under dash area only to be told that they are closing down. Not relocating but complete shutdown and site to be redevolped. No information as to whether MG franchise is being taken on by anyone else.

Needless to say chap sounded pretty down about it.
Charles Warners are closing very soon. The staff are being made redundant, 2 of them have been there 50 years , 2. 30 years , 2. 25 years . 1. 16 years . very dedicated to customer service and the technician highly skilled , will be a big loss to Lincoln and the motor industry . With the staff 60 years old plus what chance do they have now in a trade that just wants younger people who are only bothered about squeezing money out of customers. The owners of the company will walk away with a healthy bank account, while the few staff will only be getting minimum pay out .

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom