• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.
  • We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

For Sale Chorley Group - MG ZS EV - Q2 2022 (Apr - Jun) Offers

Miles Roberts CG

Prominent Member
MGEVs.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Please see below for examples of our pricing for the new Q1 2022 sales quarter:

ModelRRP after Plug-in Car GrantChorley Group Cash Price after PiCG
ZS EV Standard Range (51kWh) SE£27,745£27,340
ZS EV Standard Range (51kWh) Trophy£29,995£29,585.80
ZS EV Long Range (73kWh) SE£29,995£29,802.50
ZS EV Long Range (73kWh) Trophy£33,995 (No grant)£33,415.50 (No grant)
ZS EV Long Range (73kWh) Trophy Connect£34,495 (No grant)£34,178.00 (No grant)

In addition, if you quote "MGEVs forum offer" then you will also get a free 32A 5m Type2 charging cable (as well as the 3-pin 10A domestic charge lead)

Finance Examples (all based on 48 month PCP finance, 5.9% APR, 6k miles per annum, solid white paint):

ZS EV Standard Range SE
Vehicle Price: £27,340
Customer Deposit: £389
Deposit Contribution: £1,500
Monthly Payment: £389 x 48
GFV: £13,023
Total amount payable: £32,084

ZS EV Standard Range Trophy
Vehicle Price: £29,585.80
Customer Deposit: £2,999
Monthly Payment: £369 x48
GFV: £13,644
Total amount payable: £34,355

ZS EV Long Range SE
Vehicle Price: £29,802.50
Monthly Payment: £359.00 x 48
GFV: £14,459
Total amount payable: £34,690

ZS EV Long Range Trophy
Vehicle Price: £33,415.50
Customer Deposit: £3,790
MG Deposit Contribution: £1,500
Monthly Payment: £379 x 48
GFV: £15,048
Total amount payable: £38,530

ZS EV Long Range Trophy Connect
Vehicle Price: £34,178.00
Customer Deposit: £4,399
GFV: £15,115.50
Total amount payable: £39,206.50

For any other finance examples, or to ask about part exchange valuations etc, please contact our MG dealerships in either Burnley or Chorley.

Lead times are currently (in April) looking like August/September 2022.

Burnley MG - 01282 507780
Chorley MG - 01257 448899

Thank you for this Miles. If lead times are currently (in April) looking like August/September 2022, would you say that the shipping issues are possibly easing a little?

Thank you for this Miles. If lead times are currently (in April) looking like August/September 2022, would you say that the shipping issues are possibly easing a little?
Not necessarily. The planned lead time for orders in November was supposed to be February. We're still suffering from major delays in components and shipping, and the dates above are a hopeful guess, but by no means a guarantee.

Not necessarily. The planned lead time for orders in November was supposed to be February. We're still suffering from major delays in components and shipping, and the dates above are a hopeful guess, but by no means a guarantee.
Miles, I am sure you have probably been asked this before, but from a dealer perspective, how much information are you receiving from MG during the order process? Are you being told when the cars are built or are they just arriving on a transporter with no forewarning as other dealers have stated?

Hi All,

Please see below for examples of our pricing for the new Q1 2022 sales quarter:

ModelRRP after Plug-in Car GrantChorley Group Cash Price after PiCG
ZS EV Standard Range (51kWh) SE£27,745£27,340
ZS EV Standard Range (51kWh) Trophy£29,995£29,585.80
ZS EV Long Range (73kWh) SE£29,995£29,802.50
ZS EV Long Range (73kWh) Trophy£33,995 (No grant)£33,415.50 (No grant)
ZS EV Long Range (73kWh) Trophy Connect£34,495 (No grant)£34,178.00 (No grant)

In addition, if you quote "MGEVs forum offer" then you will also get a free 32A 5m Type2 charging cable (as well as the 3-pin 10A domestic charge lead)

Finance Examples (all based on 48 month PCP finance, 5.9% APR, 6k miles per annum, solid white paint):

ZS EV Standard Range SE
Vehicle Price: £27,340
Customer Deposit: £389
Deposit Contribution: £1,500
Monthly Payment: £389 x 48
GFV: £13,023
Total amount payable: £32,084

ZS EV Standard Range Trophy
Vehicle Price: £29,585.80
Monthly Payment: £369 x48
GFV: £13,644
Total amount payable: £34,355

ZS EV Long Range SE
Vehicle Price: £29,802.50
Monthly Payment: £359.00 x 48
GFV: £14,459
Total amount payable: £34,690

ZS EV Long Range Trophy
Vehicle Price: £33,415.50
Customer Deposit: £3,790
GFV: £15,048
Total amount payable: £38,530

ZS EV Long Range Trophy Connect
Vehicle Price: £34,178.00
Customer Deposit: £4,399
GFV: £15,115.50
Total amount payable: £39,206.50

For any other finance examples, or to ask about part exchange valuations etc, please contact our MG dealerships in either Burnley or Chorley.

Lead times are currently (in April) looking like August/September 2022.

Burnley MG - 01282 507780
Chorley MG - 01257 448899
Hi Miles, I ordered my LR Trophy from your group in March can I expect to get aget a free 32A 5m Type2 charging cable? I'm part of this group. Rob

No way can the lead time be August/September for an end of April order. That type of sales pitch just shouldn't be accepted on the forum. Save it for your sales room as it is clear MG can't deliver that quickly. Happy to share the numerous messages from people on this forum who have been told much longer lead times once they have ordered.

Poor show Miles!!!

I didn't want to do this, I think I have been badly let down by the Chorley Group. First of all, I would recommend everybody who has a car on order check their status.
I ordered a ZS EV long-range Trophy Connect in red, back on 4th November, paid my deposit and waited.
I haven't heard anything, but to be honest I wasn't surprised, so I waited.
I phoned on Tuesday 26th just to ask what the new timeline was, just in case there was news, any news.
The guy who answered the phone was nice but couldn't find any info, "someone will get back to you" To be fair, Martyn, who I did order with, did ring. and told me I didn't have a car on order, and what really pee'd me off was he really didn't give a crap. He said "well what do you want me to do" he must have said this 3 or 4 times. I can reorder one, of course, I'm 6 months down the list now, AND the price has gone up, AND the offer is different. Martyn was going to get back with some more information, but of course... didn't.
They have my deposit and I think all they will do is give it back. and tell me it's tough. They don't care because they will be able to sell every car they get in for higher prices anyway.

Anyway, buyer beware

Got me worried now, I have a similar car on order. I emailed them last week for a status update, but up to now I haven't had a reply. I'm hanging on to my car as they gave me a guaranteed price for it but I can see a situation where they just leave me hanging. I might get my deposit back, but could have easily lost a lot more in depreciation on my Jag.

Oh, one thing I forgot, Martyn said not to bother telling Miles, because it's nothing to do with him. I assume (and I'm being kind here) he means it wasn't Miles' fault. Needless to say I'm not happy at all.

I didn't want to do this, I think I have been badly let down by the Chorley Group. First of all, I would recommend everybody who has a car on order check their status.
I ordered a ZS EV long-range Trophy Connect in red, back on 4th November, paid my deposit and waited.
I phoned on Tuesday 26th just to ask what the new timeline was, just in case there was news, any news.
The guy who answered the phone was nice but couldn't find any info, "someone will get back to you" To be fair, Martyn, who I did order with, did ring. and told me I didn't have a car on order, and what really pee'd me off was he really didn't give a crap. He said "well what do you want me to do" he must have said this 3 or 4 times. I can reorder one, of course, I'm 6 months down the list now, AND the price has gone up, AND the offer is different. Martyn was going to get back with some more information, but of course... didn't.
They have my deposit and I think all they will do is give it back. and tell me it's tough. They don't care because they will be able to sell every car they get in for higher prices anyway.

Anyway, buyer beware

Bruce - sounds terrible.
We're you not given a receipt or confirmation of order - or was the order placed over the phone?
There must be some record of money being received?

Bruce - sounds terrible.
We're you not given a receipt or confirmation of order - or was the order placed over the phone?
There must be some record of money being received?
Hi John, Fortunately, I paid the deposit by credit card and have a record of that, I have the emails sent to me by Martyn and the Chorley Group, GDPR stuff and Consumer Credit Suitability Assessment prepared by them. BUT, yes the order was done on the phone.
The problem is, I don't want the deposit back, I have no doubt I can get it back, I want a new car. Actually it's my wife's new car! I want the price and extras, that were agreed in November, I want to be on the waiting list from the 4th of November (sorry to everybody else who has ordered after then) and to be honest, I want somebody at Chorley to give a crap and sort it out. I feel I am going to be disappointed on all counts.:mad:

Oh, one thing I forgot, Martyn said not to bother telling Miles, because it's nothing to do with him. I assume (and I'm being kind here) he means it wasn't Miles' fault. Needless to say I'm not happy at all.
Whynot speak to @Miles Roberts CG ? Isn't this exactly the sort of thing a senior person at Chorley should be interested in and trying to help you to sort out? Sounds to me like some CYA going on here .....

Anyway, buyer beware
Sorry guys, for some reason I'd not received any of these notifications.

@BruceT - I'll look into this for you now. Give me the weekend to see what I can do.

@LongRangeDave - we can only go off the information which MG have given us, which is that they are currently aiming for deliveries in 6 months (depending on specification). The Trophy Connect LR cars in particular have been very much delayed. (I ordered a Silver Trophy Connect LR as one of the first cars, and still no sign). As a further example, I ordered a Kia EV6 in December, with a planned delivery date of March, and I've since been told it could be Xmas 22 or later.

Miles, I am sure you have probably been asked this before, but from a dealer perspective, how much information are you receiving from MG during the order process? Are you being told when the cars are built or are they just arriving on a transporter with no forewarning as other dealers have stated?
We get a couple of weeks notice pretty much. So it's months of nothing, then suddenly you look on the system and 4 cars (out of 200) are showing as "transport instructed".

We get a couple of weeks notice pretty much. So it's months of nothing, then suddenly you look on the system and 4 cars (out of 200) are showing as "transport instructed".
Thank you. I certainly don’t envy your job at the moment as that’s no help for you guys then trying to pacify your customer.

Anyway, buyer beware
thats out of order, a letter to the MD straight away.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom