Chorley Motor Group Burnley - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Servicing:
I can't recommend Chorley Motor Group Burnley enough. When I phoned the service department to ask about updating the software within my ZS EV they are fully conversant and knowledgable(many other dealerships would benefit for a 10 minus chat with Chorley Motor Group Burnley to point them in the right direction!).

I have a different dealership 5 miles from my house that have failed to phone me back twice about the updates, sadly they have lost my custom for service work going forward. I will happily drive the 30 miles down the M65 to Chorley Motor Group Burnley for all service work going forward.

Purchasing:
Can't comment as I didn't purchase my car for Chorley Group, but going off the fantastic service I've received so far from the service department you won't go wrong!

Servicing:
I can certainly second what Tango 130 says regarding Chorley Motors Group Burnley.

Living in Blackpool, I bought my MG from the very dealer 5 miles away from him in Preston and experienced similar problems, although they did have a go at updating my software on my MGZS EV after complaining that it should have had these done on the pre delivery inspection.

The updates this dealer applied did not work and messed up my vehicles charging operation, I was not impressed at all.

Because my last car was from Chorley Motors in Blackpool (who don't currently have an MG dealership in my town), from new I was determined to still have them Service my new MG at one of their other branches and took out a 4 year Service Plan Contract with them one week after delivery of my car.

Cap in hand and after Tango's recommendation, I phoned Chorley MG in Burnley to ask them if they could look at my messed up vehicle and try to sort the updates out for me.

Without hesitation, I was given an appointment and drove the 45 miles from my home to Burnley and left the car with them for just three and a half hours and everything was done.

The Service Reception Staff where so friendly, they handed back my keys and wished me a Happy Christmas (as it was December) and said no charge it's all been done under your Service Plan.

I can't thank them enough as everything now works just fine on my car which took almost 3 months for the dealer I bought it from to scratch their heads and try to install updates, yet in just over 3 hours, the experienced technicians/engineers at Chorley Motors Burnley, resolved all the problems.

Highly recommended for Servicing AND Customer Service.

Thank you from one very satisfied customer.

AndyNWuk (Blackpool)

Me too @Mark Holmes - I travelled from West Wales to buy from Chorley just before lockdown (March 2020) (local dealership couldn't get me a red MG ZS before lockdown). Can't recommend them highly enough and if it weren't the middle of winter (having horses etc daylight is precious and can't afford to be away from home for more than an hour or two at this time of year) I would gladly have made the journey again for my recent service and BMS update - which was done (very badly) locally - that saga is ongoing trying to get them to do it properly :(

We bought our Exclusive from Chorley's Burnley showroom in September.
I think we found them via some price comparison website but I can't remember which.
It's 100 miles from where we live but the price was right and we were able to collect after a trip north to visit family (remember those?)
No matter, they were great. We dealt with a chap called Daniel Goff, who, even though his email signature describes him as "Trainee Sales Executive ", was brilliant.
All questions / issues were easily resolved and whilst the pickup/handover was a bit slow, that was our fault for turning up late, by which time the staff were busy with other customers.
Follow up has also been good. They called us for a software update recall and were happy to divert us to a nearer dealer to home.

I also got my car from Daniel, after making initial contact with @MilesperkWh who I'd had a test drive of the pre-production model a year previous. We were downsizing from two cars to one, so had a 10 year old diesel and a one year old VW e-Golf to trade in against the MG. There was an initial problem that the car hadn't had comfort 2 applied, all cars on the Burnley site had, but ours came from storage over from Chorley. They tried to apply this while we did the paperwork but there was an issue with the update and it didn't fully apply meaning the car wouldn't charge on AC, but would on DC, after a bit of frantic to and froing between my house and two of the rapid chargers in town (as one also has AC charging via your own cable) I quickly tested the issue was with all AC/Granny and DC worked fine, I phoned back to the dealer after 5pm and spoke with John and he was quick to arrange a loaner car (as I was travelling up to the Scottish Borders with the family the next day) and asked us to stop by Burnley, which is 50-60 minuets drive from our house to swap the cars over and they fixed it while we were away for the long weekend (bonus I didn't put 500 miles on our brand new car)

That may sound like a disappointing first experience, but I wanted to highlight that even when there was an issue, they were great to deal with. I've had two other smaller issues with the car, a snapped parcel shelf clip (I got two (one spare) in the post a couple of days later) and a squeaking/rattling from the A-pillar and dash that they fixed in a morning while I worked in the showroom (at a COVID safe distance).

I went with Chorley thanks to the enthusiasm I'd detected from Miles on SpeakEV and on YouTube videos and this was further enhanced when I met him in person on the test drive a year prior to me finally getting the MG. They are a dealership that give me great confidence in their appreciation of EVs and their ability to service them in the long term.

Whenever I next need a car, on anyone needs a recommendation they will be top of my list!

Got my car on the 18th December after initial enquiry on the 9th December so smooth i did not even take a test drive as heavily researched car very happy with decision and chorley will be my service choice

I have bought 2 cars from Chorley Group Burnley now. Nissan Leaf 40 Tekna in 2018 and the MG ZS EV in 2019.

They are a family run business and have been great. I have dealt with Miles Roberts (@MilesperkWh ) & Jon Robinson. They have been a joy to deal with and go the extra mile. I always recommend them. I do not live close, currently over 260 miles away, but it was worth the drive up and back. They made my wife and me feel very special on our wedding anniversary when we collected the MG.

I just wish I lived closer so I could get the car serviced there as well.

Bought my mg zs ev from here, we live in Rochdale and couldn't decide on stonacre in Rochdale or to go to chorley group in Burnley, bit further away but glad of the drive out.
No pressure sale from the young lad in the dealership on the Sunday, Andrew Starkie you were very good and a credit to the dealership, brand new showroom just opened, he said take it for a spin be as long as you like, we drove around for an hour and was very impressed with the car.
Came back and said I'll take one, he said if I wanted in white I could take it in 3 days, but I wanted black so had to wait 3 weeks lol.
I was contacted by stephen who talked me through the handover but he was on leave when I was due yo collect, so upon arrival at the dealer the car was sat out front waiting for me.
Due to covid I was handed a set of keys and left to it by a young lady who was very pleasant.
But for my research and this forum I wouldn't have had a clue, but everything was good, fully charged with all the updates completed.
Very happy with the dealership, a follow up phone call a week or so later may be a nice added touch but it didn't matter I know if I need anything I feel the Service will be there.
I recommend this dealership, overall very friendly and approachable and very happy with the car. Big thumbs up from me 👍

Last edited:
Got my bms updated from these guys, nice girl on the desk rang me when car was ready, no courtesy car due to covid but was given a free service and a little mg b cabriolet matchbox type car.
Very happy bunny 🐰😊

Bought my ZS EV exclusive from MG Chorley Burnley. They got the whole thing sorted within 1 week. The whole process was painless and I was kept updated at every step of the way.
Got a really good deal from them, no BS about anything.
It is a shame that they are a 230 mile round trip from where I am, they would be brilliant for servicing too.

Wife & I invested 210 mile round trip in Chorley MG Burnley today.
1st Service and a clunky steering wheel sorted together with all updates as required.
We even took a test drive in the New Model.
Can’t speak more highly of the care and friendly attention we received.
Many thanks to all concerned at Chorley MG.

Bought our ZS EV Exclusive from MG Burnley and had our 1st service there. Great dealership and people. So much so we have ordered our next ZS with them just the long wait now.

We have placed an order for our new ZS EV face lift model with Chorley - Burley.
Miles set up the original contact point and I have to say, the service we have received to-date has been excellent.
They call when they say they will call and they answered EVERY single e.mail I have sent.
Our order was placed about 2 - 3 weeks ago and only today, while out driving, we received a courtesy call from John our sales person.
He enquired about our health, and then explained that he was just making contact and that everything is still on coarse with regards to our order for March 2022.
We had a brief conversation about the interest shown in the car and if test drives had been busy.
At this point, he said :- "Please feel free to pop in and drive our Demo !".
The trip up to Burley, would see us drive past about 4 - 5 other MG dealers on route from N. Wales.
He already knows this and said it was important for Chorley - Burley to make the journey worth the effort, from the buying to the servicing experience.
When the call ended, we both remarked that we where impressed that John had taken the time from his busy day, to keep in contact !.
Okay, I know it only takes five minutes to do, but how many dealers do it, is my point !.
That is very refreshing change from the normal NON contact service you receive from a LOT of other dealers ( not just MG ).
He promised to make contact early in the new year and wished us both a happy Christmas.
I have NO doubt he will keep his word either !.
We have only just started on our journey with the Chorley - Burley team, but if this is a taster of what is to come, then we both look forward to it continuing.
Keep up the good work team.

Miles is an absolute super star. I bought a nearly new MG ZS EV and the car was still binded to the previous owner so the MG Ismart could not be set up. I tried to reset the system to factory default but still would not work. I found on the MG Forum where Miles helped some people with this issue. I emailed him and he responded in no time and asked for the relevant information. By early the next day he emailed me to say it was done. When I checked it worked. I am really sorry you do not have a dealership near me as your customer service is second to none. Keep up the good work Miles.

MG Burnley are amazing - only downside is that they're so far from me in the South...

From the efficient booking of the service - to the step by step updates from Kalieghd, to super organisation of the service by Miles and the rest of the team, I was very well looked after. Olivia also really clearly explained all the updates that were made to the car. Having driven over 5 hours for the service - and updates to make my car compatible with the open Supercharger network, I am really grateful for their attention to detail and efficiency. Thanks MG Burnley - hugely appreciated. Mike Warwick-Sanders

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom