Clarks Kidderminster - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Made an inquiry to test drive an MG4. Sales guy told me all sorts of reasons why he couldn't do things and then said he was going on holiday and would pass my details to another sales person who would call me.

No phone call as you'd guess.

Honestly, not impressed. There's a couple of experiences here so I'll do my best to break them up. (A useful FYI, Clarks of Kidderminster ran both the Kia/MG/Suzuki franchise on the same site, just down the road is Kidderminster Motor House which until a few months ago was a Citroen Dealer. It is the same company, so keep in mind. They have now moved MG to the KMH site and dropped Clarks name on the MG franchise and stopped selling Citroen, but again, same company, company number and service centre).

1) I brought my sister a ex demo Suzuki Swift from them in 2015, despite the very poor sales/after sales experience. My sister asked me to go check it over for her, car was okay but needed a few little niggles sorted like the TPMS fault light was on, was due a service etc. Hammered a deal out a deal to get those issues addressed before hand over, and got this in writing. Day of hand over, hadn't been washed, hasn't been serviced and had another 800 miles on it compared to when I agreed the deal. Ended up still taking the car but with nearly 1k off the price and a flea in their ear.

2) When I was looking at a HS in 2020 for my own personal car, I popped in again. The MG sales guy was short and very irate with me, did everything he could to talk me out of the car, tried to repeatedly convince me to get a Suzuki Vitara instead and tried telling me that they couldn't offer me a test drive in the MG for 6 weeks, but I could try a Suzuki right now. My patience wore out and I left. My wife went in to look at hammering a deal out for the ZS this year (They had the exact spec and colour she wanted in stock and ready to go) and the guy couldn't have cared less about selling her a car, it was abundantly clear that we were inconveniencing his day, again left.

3) I had one of the fleet cars with me (3 month old Citroen E:C4) and the seat began to creak REALLY loudly. Called Clarks/KMH and tried to book into service to be told "Because you didn't buy it from us, we will charge a diagnosis fee of £165 to look at the car, if it is in fact a valid warranty claim, we will return this back to you after Citroen settles the balance which normally takes a few weeks". Frankly, I told them to do one, and went to Bristol Street Motors in Worcester, who aren't exactly known for sterling service, but dealt with it perfectly with minimal stress and without me having to pay for it.

So yeah, wasn't particularly enthused about them and would skip past them when you have Summit Garage a few towns over who are probably the best MG dealer for miles.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom