• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

CLOSED: Horsham Car Centre - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Last edited:
Got my ZS EV (team red) from Horsham car center just after the end of lock down one last year. They gave us information and answered emails during the lockdown. When we could get out they allowed me a good time for test drives and good advise over range, functionality, charging and servicing.
Got a good deal with ICE part exchange and did all the updates (at the time) and fitted the optional extras ready for pick up.
Not looked back and love the car.

I have used Horsham Car centre MG for aftersales and they have been great. Not so impressed with the sales side, but I ordered my MG before I even knew they were a dealer, not that they were the closest to me, as there was one in Tadworth, which is closer, until they went bust, but again, I didn’t know they existed either until after I had put my deposit down back in July 2019!

I’ve had 2 BMS updates, December 19, the 2nd Generation Comfort System update, the High Voltage Fuse update, the door wiring loom warranty replacement, padded out the A pillar speakers to get rid of the rattles, the BMS update that allows the car to charge while unlocked and the battery heater update (not recommended).
I bought some TPMS sensors from them that they had on the shelf.

I do seem to know more about updates than they do! But they have had no problems with doing them.

I'm a Motability Customer and was looking to replace my Nissan Leaf 24.
The Lease was up and I wanted to get another EV.
I looking for something a bit higher so I could get in and out of the car easier.
I took a test drive just before the first lockdown and went away saying I would look at my options.

Then Lockdown!

I left it a while and in Oct made the order. I had done all my homework on the car so ordering it was really
a breeze.
About three weeks later I collected the car. No problems. Very smooth.
I brought some car mats online thinking it would not come with car mats. (No other cars in the past had come with mats) But to my surprise the car came with a set!
While sighing I did find out that the car came with a granny lead but did not come with a type two lead.
O.K I said. I just buy one online.

I was shown to the car, which was in the showroom.
I already knew my way way around the car as I had watch EVERY you tube vid about it.
Just as I was about to leave the salesman said "Just a moment"....
And came back with the type 2 lead.

Really NICE.

So to some up Horsham Car Centre ....... 10/10

I'm on the MG Electric Vehicle Owners Club Facebook group and there is discussions that Horsham car Center has closed / gone into receivership. Tried to call and the sales phone line is disconnected but the service center number has an answer phone message that they are closed due to being furloughed.

Guess the Crawley branch is the go to place now then? But I don't think they sell the EV's ? They were not selling the EV's in Oct of last year. I hope they can service them at Crawley?

I'm on the MG Electric Vehicle Owners Club Facebook group and there is discussions that Horsham car Center has closed / gone into receivership. Tried to call and the sales phone line is disconnected but the service center number has an answer phone message that they are closed due to being furloughed.
Thanks for the info.

I'll remove their pin from the map, but leave this thread here and open for a while.

Very unfortunate and best wishes to the owners and staff of the business.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom