• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Colour combo and delivery dates?

C6MFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi All,
I am changing from MG5 exclusive SR to HS PHEV. Order placed 1st Dec 21. Nothing wrong with the 5SR. I'm taking advantage of some exceptional circumstances that have occurred around a potential dispute between me and my dealer re the purchase of the MG5 SR back in March 21. Dealer has been very transparent and without prejudice has (after my determined challenge) come up with an equitable solution which avoids ombudsman action, much to their credit (the original errors were genuine mistakes I believe).

So I am in the queue for delivery. Given that MG seem to react to whatever the next boat brings, as well as the orderbook estimates from the factory. Do you think my colour combo choice is likely to add more time or as its probably not the standard choice get lucky with what MG China put on the boat from factory stock?

I have chosen exclusive Pearl White with Red interior. Any other observations on the HS PHEV delivery process, essential accessories or pit falls welcome

Hopefully you've read all the differant threads/posts about the HS PHEV a few thighs that stick out are the EV mode, when and if it allows you to run in EV, the lag in gear change at around 80Kph, to name a few, I do like the car, but I wish I had waited a few more months and got the Marvel R instead, but my old car died so I am where I am.

yep noticed that on the unaccompanied test drive and had read about it, so was looking for it. I know it bothers some but on the test drive I was surprised given the comments how mild it was and for me not an issue. Thank you for the comments

P.S. battery was full and car warmed up from earlier driving so ev only worked fine.. As expected range dropped like a stone when exploiting the ev torque. I mainly drive just a few miles daily around the nearby town so don't need massive range

Hi
I have red with the red inside, there a few problems that need to iron out with gearbox and I know of two car in for it but it is perfectly able drive. There is nothing wrong with the EV mode to me, I now have had my 6 months and now understand how it will work and not work, just now learning its working in winter. As to the lag on the entertainment / information I use a adapter for my iPhone and use Tom Tom which loaded on my phone. Just to say in the last few months I fill the once a month and at this time cost about £43.

Been waiting for HS Exclusive PHEV ordered in July 2021. No firm delivery date, it just seems to be going back each month. No information available to dealer other than "shortage". Now told that vehicles are arriving in "dribs and drabs" without notice before delivery to the dealer. All disappointing when MG claim record car sales.

Keep your fingers crossed, there is light at the end of the tunnel as I hear that there are several thousand cars to arrive by end of Feb. Many I have been told are the long delayed 2021 orders of ICE models/HS Hybrid/MG5 cars with a few hundred facelift ZS SR and a 100 or so ZS LR. MG UK are currently unaware of the specific details of which cars coming in March 22

Thanks C6MFC, that is encouraging. I have asked why MG UK has no info on arrivals but it seems they just don't. Oh well, a 72 reg looks likely.

I sent a message that got to a high level at MG on the same subject as any car leaving the factory has export paperwork, ships manifest and customs paperwork etc etc so there is a long paper trail plus Portbury need notice to revive a car carrier with say 2000+ cars. They have massif capacity but will still need notice. I think MG UK may only get brief details such as number of cars per type when the ship is loaded. Hence not yet knowing about March arrivals yet. So when they arrive in UK they see we have 100 ZSEV LR in the following colours so lets allocate. Still not good enough as the colour and or type of car won't change when its on the ocean and the time in transit could be spent allocating and warning dealers and customers.

I ordered mine on the 9th December 21. I sent an email to the dealer last week asking if there was any update on the delivery, they said it had been built and had been shipped with delivery to them estimated end of Feb 'ish'.
Mine is Pearl White and when I ordered the car it was a no cost option, Odd but there you go and I was not going to argue, it's on the order as Pearl White so that is what I expect.

I did ask whether I could change the colour as rather liked the red, but was advised that would cancel the original order so would go back to square one with a new order.
I left it as Pearl White.

Pity they dont do lighter coloured leather interior- light colours suit the panoramic sunroof better as the seats dont get too hot in the summer.
Oh for the sunshine in Adelaide. Visited for work a couple of times love the place.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom