Corrosion Question

JimB

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Seeing some prospective purchasers of the facelift ZS expressing concern about underbody corrosion on their current cars got me searching for any such issues with the MG5.

Apart from the threads about cavities left empty by unfitted mud flaps, and wheel hubs / copper grease I didn't find anything.

I don't suppose too many spend much time lying under their cars but as a potential owner would appreciate any observations on this.

There is no more rust on MGs than any other cars.
You have decided MGs are not for you already so I'm not sure why you keep coming on here trying to run them down or trying to raise questions you've probably trawled ancient internet listings for.

You have decided MGs are not for you already so I'm not sure why you keep coming on here trying to run them down or trying to raise questions you've probably trawled ancient internet listings for.
Couldn't agree more, but JimB has put a deposit down on a ZS, so he must like them??

thought he pulled his deposit and sticking with a 10 yr old outlander, im sure it was a Battersea blue lr, but I must admit im feeling he's bored and trying to fuel chat whilst he's got nothing to do, I do read his post with "oh no what now". and glance at them rather than consider them,

I I feel if some else asked his question we would get somewhere regarding the rust, just my thoughts

thought he pulled his deposit and sticking with a 10 yr old outlander, im sure it was a Battersea blue lr, but I must admit im feeling he's bored and trying to fuel chat whilst he's got nothing to do, I do read his post with "oh no what now". and glance at them rather than consider them,

I I feel if some else asked his question we would get somewhere regarding the rust, just my thoughts
I do apologise, I stand corrected, bit hard to keep up lol.
thought it was 6 years old lol

It’s bit like being out shopping for a new winter coat with my wife.
Try on 10 different coats and then after one hour, leave the shop with pair of summer sandals 🩴 ready for next summer !.
What the hell is THAT all about 😤.

It’s bit like being out shopping for a new winter coat with my wife.
Try on 10 different coats and then after one hour, leave the shop with pair of summer sandals 🩴 ready for next summer !.
What the hell is THAT all about 😤.
So what you trying to say lol

I'm afraid you're talking nonsense. I've had a test drive in a 5 and am waiting for the 2022 facelift, should it come to the UK.

There's nothing ancient about the current postings about rust on the ZS - they're some of the later posts in the thread re the sale offer to forum members.

I'm afraid you're talking nonsense. I've had a test drive in a 5 and am waiting for the 2022 facelift, should it come to the UK.

There's nothing ancient about the current postings about rust on the ZS - they're some of the later posts in the thread re the sale offer to forum members.
I think there are a few members that are confused,
You say you are getting an MG, but.... it appears to some members who own/lease an MG all you do is troll and find fault with MG, I maybe wrong???

I think there are a few members that are confused,
You say you are getting an MG, but.... it appears to some members who own/lease an MG all you do is troll and find fault with MG, I maybe wrong???
You are wrong.

I don't troll, unlike some of the posters in this thread, confused or not.

I'm in the process of trying to make decisions regarding changing two family cars after 6 and 8 years and am trying get enough information to make the right decision.

It's as simple as that.

Yes, I consider other makes too, so what?

Saw the Go Green YouTube video on underselling the ZS and did it the weekend the better. To be fair, the car was well sealed. I touched up the odd small exposed weld. Mainly use the waxoil spray in any small hole/opening. Probably won’t see if it helps in years to come but I’m from the 80’s and rust buckets for £100! Strangely felt good actually doing the work. Sad I know! 🤷‍♂️🥷

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom