CPS chargers going offline 26th July.

macd2401

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Screenshot_20210706-182540_Email.jpg
Just in case anyone on here hasn't checked their emails...

CPS chargers will be offline from 2200 Monday 26th July, until 0500 Tuesday 27th July.

Can only be a good thing in my eyes so far I've never got a charge from one yet.
And the last time I tried the poor thing was in a terrible state. reported it and so far nothing has been done 😥

Attachments

• IMG_20210509_134206.jpg
    IMG_20210509_134206.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20210509_134215.jpg
    IMG_20210509_134215.jpg
    817.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20210509_134156.jpg
    IMG_20210509_134156.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 142
Can only be a good thing in my eyes so far I've never got a charge from one yet.
And the last time I tried the poor thing was in a terrible state. reported it and so far nothing has been done 😥
That's a shame Rab - you should see Stirling's charging hub! It's absolutely amazing and all the chargers seem to be new and working! Hopefully, this is the standard for the future.

Cheers

Bloggsy

I certainly hope so
When I next get the chance to travel north I'm hoping to check it out, and on my way past the one I took pics of I'll be having a look to see if anyone has done anything to put it right

The chargers are normally owned by the local council and any replacement cables have to be approved/paid for by them, this takes time.

Do you remember which charger unit that is by any chance?

Unnamed Road, Moffat DG10 9HB
I think it's called glebe st carpark??
Only just off the M74
I tried it as it was close and I was struggling to find any ecotricity chargers working at alli haven't been back north in weeks now so haven't been able to call and check on it yet but I'm not optimistic.
I can understand that the local council have ownership of these and CYC now SWARCO are the operators but surely it's up to the operators to maintain them properly and pass the charge for this onto the council's.
If we have to wait for councils to repair anything we might as well give up now.

Only just off the M74
I tried it as it was close and I was struggling to find any ecotricity chargers working at alli haven't been back north in weeks now so haven't been able to call and check on it yet but I'm not optimistic.
I can understand that the local council have ownership of these and CYC now SWARCO are the operators but surely it's up to the operators to maintain them properly and pass the charge for this onto the council's.
If we have to wait for councils to repair anything we might as well give up now.
Agree - the council involvement is likely to cause (already causes) issues with chargers.

Specially those councils that don't charge. Little incentive for them to fix chargers that don't give any revenue.

Only just off the M74
This one? PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

If so this is an older charger and 90% unlikely to charge your mg5.
There's some unresolvable issue with it thinking the plug is not locked into place and not allowing the charge to start.

Some do work! Like the middle one of 3 at Broxden park and ride but its a lottery. My advice is plan to avoid these type of chargers unless you are able to pop in and give it a try.

I've an MG ZS and if it was working it would have charged just fine (certainly enough to get me to another charger)
but in the state I last found it in, charging any car no matter the make or model wouldn't be possible.
The cables looked lethal

The cables are not a safety issue, there's no way that any charger will let power out to the cable until it's properly locked into place and a host of other safety checks are complete.

Apologies re your ZS btw, I forgot which forum I was on :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom