MG ZS EV Crack/click noise

legollas

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I got a MG ZS and when I am parking and changing from D to R and vice versa I hear a crack/click noise coming from the front of the car when I start to accelarate.

Just wanted to ask if that is normal or not ?

Thanks

Hello guys,

I got a MG ZS and when I am parking and changing from D to R and vice versa I hear a crack/click noise coming from the front of the car when I start to accelarate.

Thanks
Original ZS EV Gen 1 or Gen 2 face lift model,
age and mileage covered ?.

It's the Gen 2 face lift model and it has 400 km only
Thanks 🙏.
I also have the Gen 2 model and it has covered over 7,000 miles now.
If I reverse off the drive in the morning, the first time I press the foot brake, when pausing at the edge of our drive, I get a “Click” sound from the front.
I know it is the front brake pads making their first movement.
It will do the same traveling forward for the first time in the mornings.
After that, it is silent.
Some other EV drivers ( Zoe I think ) complain of a click / tick as they pull away.
The fix for them was to grease the drive shaft splines.

Thanks 🙏.
I also have the Gen 2 model and it has covered over 7,000 miles now.
If I reverse off the drive in the morning, the first time I press the foot brake, when pausing at the edge of our drive, I get a “Click” sound from the front.
I know it is the front brake pads making their first movement.
It will do the same traveling forward for the first time in the mornings.
After that, it is silent.
Some other EV drivers ( Zoe I think ) complain of a click / tick as they pull away.
The fix for them was to grease the drive shaft splines.
I was wondering if in the original post if autohold was on. I don't have my ZS as yet so have no idea if autohold would or would not cause any clicking sounds.

I was wondering if in the original post if autohold was on. I don't have my ZS as yet so have no idea if autohold would or would not cause any clicking sounds.
I believe the Auto hold feature only locks the rear brakes and the OP has a clicking noise from the front of the car.

I think I read on here that the autohold applies the brakes to the 4 wheels (with brake lights lit), as opposed to the parking brake which is the rear only.
Thank you for that, I was 99.9% certain the electronic handbrake only locked the rear pads, but a little unsure about the auto hold feature locking all four brakes (y).

Thank you for that, I was 99.9% certain the electronic handbrake only locked the rear pads, but a little unsure about the auto hold feature locking all four brakes (y).
Yes it locks the footbrakes on via the ABS unit.

Hello guys,

Thanks
I get something similar when braking if I am manoeuvring the car into a parking space, will try post a video in a bit. It's going into the garage again on the 13th for them to have a look at it as the noise appears to be coming from the front axles/steering rack

I am unable to play the video from my IPhone sorry 😞.
I don’t think you can upload videos direct to the forum ?.
Maybe upload to YouTube first and then provide the link ?.
I think it would be very useful for other members to use as a reference point.
Thanks 🙏.

Go take that to get checked. That sounds like metal on metal. You should not have that noise at all.
I was thinking maybe a sticky pad or the ABS kicking in, that's definitely not normal.
Yeah that’s the reason it is going back in on the 13th

Thats exactly the problem I have...the one in the video but it doesnt happens always

I am unable to play the video from my IPhone sorry 😞.
I don’t think you can upload videos direct to the forum ?.
Maybe upload to YouTube first and then provide the link ?.
I think it would be very useful for other members to use as a reference point.
Thanks 🙏.
you should be able to, it's not a direct upload, it links to the video on my google drive and it will play on an iphone as thats what I use. It did take a while for google to process it though so try it again as others have had success in watching it.

you should be able to, it's not a direct upload, it links to the video on my google drive and it will play on an iphone as thats what I use. It did take a while for google to process it though so try it again as others have had success in watching it.
No probs here w vid👍🏻
Sounds driveshafty? CV joint? Not good....
At least you can demonstrate & they can't say "not found" 👍🏻😁

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom