Curious behaviour

Alb

Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Purely by chance I happened to notice this bit of information in the manual when I was looking for something else.
Can anyone confirm that the ZSEV actually does this?

curious.JPG

I haven't noticed that particular behavior, but I have noticed the car randomly defaults to air circulation, perhaps this is why!

I'll keep an eye out next time I use screen washers or reverse in!

It seems to be peculiar to the ZSEV because the MG5 certainly doesn't do it.

Yeah noticed that. You get a wiper stroke when you hit reverse as well if the sensor is activated.

I think it happens because the car is equipped with automatic rain sensors maybe ?.
If it detects water đź’¦ on the front screen on boot up, it automatically triggers the front wipers.
If you then select reverse, it also triggers the rear wiper, which makes some sense really I guess.
When using the washer jets to clear the windscreen, if the washer bottle has a cleaning solution or a anti freeze type mixture, you can smell the fumes from the liquid coming through the car if the heating system as air is pulled into the car.
Is this why the recirc mode is triggered to stop the outside air / smell from being pulled into to the cabin ??.

I suggest this might have been removed as part of a software upgrade. The rear wiper certainly wipes if the main ones are on and you select reverse, but not recirc.
The "recirc" mode is always activated when you turn off the HVAC system - most annoying and a stupid idea.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom