The radio on my week old MG5 is dead - says "Radio Module Initializing"

greentangerine

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
The radio on my week old MG5 has gone awol - says "Radio Module Initializing'.

The dealer thinks the DAB module has died so they've ordered in another to fit late next week.

I'd tried a factory reset from the settings screen and they did a 'hard' reset but no joy.

The version shown next to DAB is blank on the settings screen so I guess they might be correct and it's not communicating.

Guess I'll have to investigate Android Auto in the meantime.

Spotify works well over Bluetooth, or a USB stick full of mp3s.

The radio on my week old MG5 has gone awol - says "Radio Module Initializing'.

The dealer thinks the DAB module has died so they've ordered in another to fit late next week.

I'd tried a factory reset from the settings screen and they did a 'hard' reset but no joy.

The version shown next to DAB is blank on the settings screen so I guess they might be correct and it's not communicating.

Guess I'll have to investigate Android Auto in the meantime.
Android Auto is great and you can use the steering wheel controls for stop, next track etc which you can't do via BT. Being able to just say "Navigate to..." or "Call..." is very useful (and safe)!

To close this thread, my car was taken away last week for a day and now has a working radio again.

The plan had been to replace the radio module and they were waiting on MG for that part. After it failed to show, they eventually said they'd take the one out of their demonstrator to get me sorted.

I'm assuming that's what they did but didn't get to quiz the guy who dropped the car back - he just rang the bell and put the keys through the door.

A side-effect of this is now the sat-nav update process works which is a bonus.

Last edited:
To close this thread, my car was taken away last week for a day and now has a working radio again.

The plan had been to replace the radio module and they were waiting on MG for that part. After it failed to show, they eventually said they'd take the one out of their demonstrator to get me sorted.

I'm assuming that's what they did but didn't get to quiz the guy who dropped the car back - he just ran the bell and put the keys through the door.

A side-effect of this is now the sat-nav update process works which is a bonus.
Glad you're sorted now though very interesting about the sat-nav issue. Presumably you have a newer unit now!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom