Dealer requests daily insurance on loan car while mine is being serviced

AbuG

Established Member
Reaction score
Booked my car in for rattling of roof and tapping noise. Next available is in 4 weeks.

Also they want £12 per day insurance for the courtesy car.... That's a first for me to be charged insurance from any dealer.

Quite a few do this now actually, I was surprised the first time too (at a Renault dealer, courtesy car was a Twingo, it was terrible 😂)

Booked my car in for rattling of roof and tapping noise. Next available is in 4 weeks.

Also they want £12 per day insurance for the courtesy car.... That's a first for me to be charged insurance from any dealer.
I was asked £20 a day insurance by Glyn Hopkin East London for courtesy car, when I took my car for BMS update

I was asked £20 a day insurance by Glyn Hopkin East London for courtesy car, when I took my car for BMS update
Really I’d tell them to poke it...couldn’t you wait for the update to be applied.

I had a courtesy car for a month.
It was covered by my own insurance (LV).
I had to show them the policy - fortunately I had it saved to google drive and I could show it on my phone. (In the section that describes your car).
If you don't have your own cover, then £12 is not unusual.

I had a courtesy car for a month.
It was covered by my own insurance (LV).
I had to show them the policy - fortunately I had it saved to google drive and I could show it on my phone. (In the section that describes your car).
If you don't have your own cover, then £12 is not unusual.
I thought most policies don't cover anything in connection to the motor trade.

My policy has the words

"Comprehensive cover will apply to any car loaned or hired to the policyholder
and any named driver under our Recommended Repairer Service or by a garage
or vehicle repairer while the vehicle in 1a) is in for service, repair or MOT.

It's worth checking - other sections do state exclusions for hire cars and that you are covered 3rd party driving other cars.

Aviva also cover a courtesy/loan car - third party i think.
I have used this a number of times over the years.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom