Dealers with allocation and what specs etc.

D

Deleted member 8269

Hi all , has anyone come across a dealer that confirmed they have one in the above spec due in September (no colour preference).

If so would you mind advising which dealer?

Thanks in advance:)

My dealer already knows what colours and numbers he will have, so presumably that also includes the trim levels too.
That's good to know, so it seems like more dealers are in the situation and a few seem to know their allocation already.

My dealer has said that they won't be told what's coming until after the Titus unloads at Southampton tomorrow & Tuesday.
He's expecting to hear towards the end of next week.
Same as mine.

@Atsham I can let you know when I know. I am after the Trophy, but he will need to register one for demo and one for display. I can speak with him on your behalf if you like, nearer the time.

Same as mine.

@Atsham I can let you know when I know. I am after the Trophy, but he will need to register one for demo and one for display. I can speak with him on your behalf if you like, nearer the time.
Yes I'd appreciate that, a white or blue SE long Range. Thank you

My dealer has said that they won't be told what's coming until after the Titus unloads at Southampton tomorrow & Tuesday.
He's expecting to hear towards the end of next week.
Titus has now docked and is hopefully unloading all those lovely MG4s!!!

MG Oxford have a SE in Long Range and Short Range still to be allocated - one was black and one was grey (can't remember which way round!)

Interestingly, the MG Newbury branch isn't quite open yet but they've got an allocation as well - being sold through MG Oxford!

Do registrations get done at the dealer or are they likely to be all like the press ones (LA22 _ _ _). Just curious as options around a plate. I'm sure it's not just me that sometimes feels positive or negative about some plates!

Do registrations get done at the dealer or are they likely to be all like the press ones (LA22 _ _ _). Just curious as options around a plate. I'm sure it's not just me that sometimes feels positive or negative about some plates!
In my experience, undertaken at dealers. This and also I have given my dealer my retention document so that they can register my new car with my private plate.

Oh also. Just on the dealer situation I notice some are selling below RRP. If only I could save a few £££s (having opted for a tri.paint...).

£195 cheaper. Just checked. Is there a way to negotiate this?

Done at the dealer so will have a local to them prefix rather than a London one. And of course a '72 plate rather than a '22.

MG Oxford have a SE in Long Range and Short Range still to be allocated - one was black and one was grey (can't remember which way round!)

Interestingly, the MG Newbury branch isn't quite open yet but they've got an allocation as well - being sold through MG Oxford!
Sorry if this is a naive question, but I've been told that MG dealers aren't allowed to bring in cars for stock, they can only bring in cars for confirmed customer orders. In which case, how can dealers get MG4s that haven't been allocated to customers yet?!

Dealers are getting a few cars each in September most will keep one as a demo and sell the others. If you manage to get on the list for one of these you may not get a choice of spec or colour. If you order what you want it may take a while to fill your order.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 7.6%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back