Different puddle underneath on newish ‘23 Trophy?

DAQs

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I noticed today that I had a fair old puddle and trail leading from it on the driveway. Immediately thought of the good ol’ reduction gearbox and breather not being magically fixed in the newer models but…I think it’s actually coming front the front? I’ve put down some cardboard to see what I’m getting but I’m thinking/hoping it’s the aircon compressor dumping a load of condensed water or something? Maybe?
I’ve left the internal auto temp at 21 so it’s pretty chilly air inside all the time and it’s getting warmer generally here in suburban London so I’m hoping it’s just that?

Anyone else notice any similar?

I noticed today that I had a fair old puddle and trail leading from it on the driveway. Immediately thought of the good ol’ reduction gearbox and breather not being magically fixed in the newer models but…I think it’s actually coming front the front? I’ve put down some cardboard to see what I’m getting but I’m thinking/hoping it’s the aircon compressor dumping a load of condensed water or something? Maybe?
I’ve left the internal auto temp at 21 so it’s pretty chilly air inside all the time and it’s getting warmer generally here in suburban London so I’m hoping it’s just that?

Anyone else notice any similar?
I had the same at the very start of ownership and sounds exactly the same place as yours.

It stopped pretty quickly and not since. I linked it to the air con too. It certainly wasn’t oil or coolant and all fluid levels have remained static

Just to report; no need for pics since nothing seems to have been produced again? I’ve left some cardboard down under the front and back just to see but looks all clear so far.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 485 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel