Do all ZS's have 4g?

Chrisd

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Do all ZS's have 4g? or at least some network comms.
If so does that mean they can update over the air?
Does that mean the app only works where there is coverage or direct BlueTooth connection?

But how does the app work? Is it only Bluetooth? I get updates from the app well out of Bluetooth range. It's a Trophy

But how does the app work? Is it only Bluetooth? I get updates from the app well out of Bluetooth range. It's a Trophy
Then either it is connected to your wifi or it has 4g. If not the former, you have answered your own question I guess. If that is the case - what is the "Connect" - connected to more than the others? Is it simply Amazon music and live traffic info.?

I do suppose is unlikely to be a satellite link 😄.
Does the car do over the air updates? Or is it to the dealer?

I do suppose is unlikely to be a satellite link 😄.
Does the car do over the air updates? Or is it to the dealer?
It seems that the OTA updates are only for the infotainment system, not the vehilce management systems - its back to the dealerships for those.

Stuff in red box
Screenshot_20220521_135354.jpg

It's when you sort you route on the phone it will send it the the car so its ready when you get in the car I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear N2STY,

Thank you for your many interesting posts, particularly the post above which states pretty unambiguously that the Wi-Fi Hotspot is not limited to the Trophy Connect.

I emailed MG about a week ago asking for clarification on this point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear MG Media Team,

I wonder If you would be kind enough to answer a question about your new MG ZS EV Trophy and Trophy Connect ?

I have a features list of all the new MG ZS EV’s which states that both the Trophy and the Trophy Connect have the Wi-Fi Hotspot facility but many people seem to think that only the Trophy Connect comes with this feature.

I would be very grateful If you could definitively answer this question for me ?

Kindest Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And they responded :-

Thank you for contacting MG Motor UK Ltd and I hope that this email finds you well.

The hotspot feature is part of the Live services package, so it is only available on the Trophy connect New MG ZS EV.

I don’t believe that any official MG Motor UK Ltd sites advise any different from the information above but if you have come across this then please let me know and I can feedback to the relevant teams.

Thank you again for your email and I hope that you have a great weekend.

Kindest regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to be so long winded, but could you say where you got the above feature listing so that I can email MG again ?

Thank you for your input so far.

Will try and find it in my history but have just found this I have included the pdf
Screenshot_20220522_212047.jpg
Screenshot_20220522_211802.jpg

Attachments

• New_MG_ZS_EV_Brochure_Nov_2021_0.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 176
But that "Get your passengers online" is a bit silly, if it is true that they bought a dataplan for the car, that only has 1 GB of data.

I have 3 raskals on the backseat that would suck that dataplan dry in less than an hour....And this is supposedly per month. :)

I have now heard back from MG about the new ZS EV's which carry the Wi-Fi Hot Spot and they are pretty clear that ONLY the Trophy Connect has this feature, this doesn't matter much to me as I have ordered the Trophy Connect.

N2STY has published a spreadsheet above which states that the SE the Trophy and the Trophy Connect all have the Wi-Fi Hot Spot (see Post No. 9 on this thread) but MG have questioned this files provenance, it does actually look more like a spreadsheet anyone could have lashed together.

There was another spreadsheet saying the same thing on this forum but I haven't been able to find it recently, if anyone else can find it I'd be very interested, but it was probably from the same source and NOT from MG.

So I'm afraid it seems very unlikely that if you've ordered the SE or the Trophy that you will be getting Wi-Fi Hot Spot with it.

OK thank you for your leg work that pdf I posted (post15) that says wifi on all models comes from the MG UK website so this is very strange that they say this now more lies to make the car sound better to get them sold?
Screenshot_20220525_230446.jpg
Screenshot_20220525_233630.jpg

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom