Do you need a type 2 and CCS cable?

Max

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,
First time poster about to receive my MG ZS EV next week!
I have purchased a type 2 cable as I put down my deposit before they started including them again with the car.
Do I need to buy a CCS cable or an adapter too? I’m lucky enough to have a few Chargemaster fast chargers close to my house but had initially (for no particular reason) assumed that these had their own leads.
I’m a teacher and my school has chargers on site, so the ultimate plan is to use those for most of my charging needs, but in the meantime with summer holidays fast approaching, I will need to use them a fair bit.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello, welcome.
A Css cable isn't necessary (if you can buy them at all) because they are on the fast chargers themselves.
The Type 2 cable is a must for the normal 11kWh public chargingpoints in the city, because they are without cables. This cable should always be in the car.
Don't forget to get the charging cards from the different companies. You'll need one to use a charging points. There is no one card to use them all...

You don’t need charging cards in the UK most have app options with top up or contactless worst case scenario.

You don’t need charging cards in the UK most have app options with top up or contactless worst case scenario.
Unless you are in Northern Ireland then you need, at the least, a ni-ecar connect card(free to apply for), which gives free charging at over 150 locations.

But even then, you need to register with the different companies.
Every company where I registered sent me one or two cards.
I can't see if Mark is from UK, Ireland, Spain, Germany or Norway, the forum is broather than UK though.
So that's why I mentioned it... and it seems not all of UK is included in the app aproach, is it.

Thanks for the clarification with this. It’s what I thought in regards to the CCS chargers, but I wasn’t 100%.
I’ve also registered with some of the charging companies but some need me to provide a vehicle registration which I still don’t have!
Anyway again, thanks for your help.

Thanks for the clarification with this. It’s what I thought in regards to the CCS chargers, but I wasn’t 100%.
I’ve also registered with some of the charging companies but some need me to provide a vehicle registration which I still don’t have!
Anyway again, thanks for your help.
Use Zap-Map to identify the main companies that supply your area or know areas that you travel too.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom