• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Does anyone know how much an hour it costs to charge a ZS ev with the home charger

Berty

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Does anyone know how much an hour it costs to charge a ZS ev with the home charger, I know the KW hour charge from my supplier but how do you work out how much an hour it has cost.

Berty

Hi, a home EVSE can add 7kWh per hour (7 kW) but the car may only take 6.6 kW.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the car will tell you what current is being drawn, approx. 7.2kw (32amps) if the wind is blowing in the right direction. Times by hours of charge (7.2 x 5hrs x hourly rate (10p/kWh) = £3.60. I think (maybe!) 😀

If you have a facelift model with the iSmart app, on the charging screen you can see the charging power bottom right. Just multiply that by the number of hours it's been charging, then multiply by your pence/kWh.

At the moment mine's drawing 1.98 kW on the granny charger linked to a solar switch and it's free from the panels on the roof.
:)

Does anyone know how much an hour it costs to charge a ZS ev with the home charger, I know the KW hour charge from my supplier but how do you work out how much an hour it has cost.

Berty
1h @ 10p/kWh =70p that's a 7kW home charger
1h @ 10p/kWh =30p at most on the supplied granny

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a Podpoint charger it has WiFi and an app that will tell you the daily spend on a graph if you put your supplier's kWh rate in.

In theory it should be simple to work out as your battery has a kWh capacity and a percentage, and your supplier give you a rate in kWh, but unfortunately charging losses down the cable and the car invertor are real.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom