Does anyone know the colour coding of the MG subwoofer leads?

Joshua Stein

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Marvel R
I want to replace/add a subwoofer to the existing Bose sound system. The 2 wires that are connected to the subwoofer are colored white/orange and blue/yellow. Does anyone know which are the + and - of the speaker output?

What car is this for?
Your profile says HS PHEV but you are asking the question in the Marvel R forum.

I want to replace/add a subwoofer to the existing Bose sound system. The 2 wires that are connected to the subwoofer are colored white/orange and blue/yellow. Does anyone know which are the + and - of the speaker output?
Normally one would think that the blue is minus and the white is plus, but I have experienced a total disregard from engineers of color coding where red was negative and black was plus. What I think is more worrying is the dimension of the subwoofer cable. It don't look like the sub have a built in amp, so the two thin wires might be all that powers the 8" sub. There are more cables underneath, so I truly hope the wires are signal wires only and that the unit have an amp inside.

Normally one would think that the blue is minus and the white is plus, but I have experienced a total disregard from engineers of color coding where red was negative and black was plus. What I think is more worrying is the dimension of the subwoofer cable. It don't look like the sub have a built in amp, so the two thin wires might be all that powers the 8" sub. There are more cables underneath, so I truly hope the wires are signal wires only and that the unit have an amp inside.
There is an Bose amplifier next to the subwoofer hidden from sight by insulation.

Hi.
Did you figure it out?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom