• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Dog proofing the new ZS

JohnInFrance

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
We own what seems like the world's most moultiest hound, her hair shows up everywhere and can get anywhere, even when she's been nowhere near the spot! So our first job with any car is to make it look as if it's been hired out to the Albanian mafia to dispose of bodies in!
IMG_20220403_115018.jpg

IMG_20220403_121443.jpg

IMG_20220403_143326.jpg

IMG_20220403_145524.jpg

IMG_20220403_150100.jpg

I'm particularly pleased with the "Ming Jue" branding on the covers :ROFLMAO: At least we stand a fighting chance of keeping the boot kinda back and not reddish-brown by the time we sell the car.

Interesting! I have a dog that moults everywhere too, but he gets very distressed in the car so rarely goes in there now. When we're out and about we'll go in our van (yes, an ICE vehicle) and he gets stressed in there but not as much. He's OK in the van on straight roads like motorways though.

That's a nice thorough solution you have there, I like it.

We own what seems like the world's most moultiest hound, her hair shows up everywhere and can get anywhere, even when she's been nowhere near the spot! So our first job with any car is to make it look as if it's been hired out to the Albanian mafia to dispose of bodies in!
View attachment 7746
View attachment 7747
View attachment 7748
View attachment 7749
View attachment 7750
I'm particularly pleased with the "Ming Jue" branding on the covers :ROFLMAO: At least we stand a fighting chance of keeping the boot kinda back and not reddish-brown by the time we sell the car.
Can you post the link of the boot cover please? Thanks

It's used by decorators to put on carpets, floors etc. prior to painting and is self adhesive, low-tac so can stay on for ages and then just peel off without leaving any residue.

1649063903688.png

We've used it on all our cars, not the most elegant solution, but it's the boot, so who goes looking in there? It can look a bit 'clinical' on it's own (see below), hence we thought we'd try the boot liner in this one over the top.

Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 11.21.16.png

Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 11.21.40.png

Thanks for this. I may be being a little thick but do you have to order 2 parts. The side panels at 30 and the bottom part at 18?
Nope, there are two options. the side panels include the base as well, or you can order just the base part.

As an aside, for anyone planning to order these, I think that the 'leather' has never seen a cow and only the inside of a chemicals plant, it's certainly vegan. Secondly, they come delivered folded, so laying them out in front of a window in the sun will help flatten them out before installing.

I am tempted to order the bottom section, but can anyone confirm whether this would fit the 2022 MG? It only specifies up to 2021 in the ad.

Nope, there are two options. the side panels include the base as well, or you can order just the base part.

As an aside, for anyone planning to order these, I think that the 'leather' has never seen a cow and only the inside of a chemicals plant, it's certainly vegan. Secondly, they come delivered folded, so laying them out in front of a window in the sun will help flatten them out before installing.
This is brilliant. Thank you for sharing your dog proofing story it put a smile on our face but the shared link to the site is really helpful. For that price I will have to order one :) Like everyone else just waiting to hear if I will get my car this year lol

You're lucky, our dog gets the back seat to himself, Amazon supplied the doggy seat cover wich goes on and off easily. Comes with a nice bag to store it in 😂

This is brilliant. I pick up my new mg zs ev tomorrow and we also have the world's moultiest dog in the form of a dalmatian. Everytime I take our current car to the car wash I think they die inside when they see the boot!!! And that's just what's managed to bypass the boot liner 🙈🙈🙈 I will defo be taking on your tips. Does the decorators film hold up on its own? Just thinking what to do whilst I wait for delivery of the liner. Thanks for sharing

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom