• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Door sill scuff plate

Fitted a set off EBay (at least that's where I think I got them). Hopefully should keep the paintwork on the cills for a decent length of time.

Ignore the manky carpets 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
20211020_160517.jpg
20211020_160525.jpg

As an alternative I fitted PPF on the exposed sills when I got the car , you can cover a bigger area with the film and fold over the edges as well .I just bought a small roll of it off Amazon not to difficult to apply 👍

Attachments

• PXL_20211024_140747816.jpg
    PXL_20211024_140747816.jpg
    858.9 KB · Views: 213
  • PXL_20211024_140915614.jpg
    PXL_20211024_140915614.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 222
As an alternative I fitted PPF on the exposed sills when I got the car , you can cover a bigger area with the film and fold over the edges as well .I just bought a small roll of it off Amazon not to difficult to apply 👍
I like that idea, I'd never heard of it before. 🚙

Can this film be applied to mirrors to prevent misting up ?

My first answer would be that it won't stop mirrors from misting up , but I have some left so I might try it on a mirror and see if there is a difference , I will get back to you. 👍
Just a quick update , I put the ppf on one of my door mirror's as the excite mirror's are not heated , have been waiting for a day when when the windows and mirror's have misted up which was this week but unfortunately there was no difference between the two mirror's 🙁 I must admit the only thing that I would have liked on the excite which the exclusive has , is heated door mirrors as I believe it should be standard on all cars ,even my old 2008 Skoda Octavia had them . The heated front screen that most ford cars have I would have thought would be ideal for EV's as they are a quick and easy way to de-ice and keep the windscreen clear using only a small amount of 12 volt power that would have little affect on the HV pack , maybe in the future unless ford have a patent on them .

I like that how much was it?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom