Driving to Germany - beam deflectors required?

Oakers

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I'm driving to Germany in a couple of weeks with my facelift ZS. There seems to be conflicting information on whether or not I need to have any headlight adjusters fitted.

It sounds like the facelift ZS has flat LEDs, and so can just be moved down a notch, and that should be okay - can anyone confirm?

I don't plan on doing any driving at night if I can help it, but sometimes things are out of your control, I also plan on taking a set of adapters for the glove box if I get called up on it and need to fit them.

Reluctant to fit them before I go as last time I drove into Europe in a LEAF, I fitted them and they left a residue on the headlight that didn't want to come off.

I'm driving to Germany in a couple of weeks with my facelift ZS. There seems to be conflicting information on whether or not I need to have any headlight adjusters fitted.

It sounds like the facelift ZS has flat LEDs, and so can just be moved down a notch, and that should be okay - can anyone confirm?

I don't plan on doing any driving at night if I can help it, but sometimes things are out of your control, I also plan on taking a set of adapters for the glove box if I get called up on it and need to fit them.

Reluctant to fit them before I go as last time I drove into Europe in a LEAF, I fitted them and they left a residue on the headlight that didn't want to come off.
I'm in the same boat but going the other way.... not sure how that's possible... maybe the boat can split in two or it's a really big boat....?

Anyway, I have had similar uncertainty and still have no answer. It is my understanding that it's really not a big deal and many have driven on the other side of the road with no issues. So my plan is to not worry. However, I like your idea of having the adapters in the glove box just in case. Where do you get them from?

Don't think you need them due to the flat beam configuration.

My last few cars seem to have been the same so it's been a while since I used these things

I took mine to france and just lowered the dial if there were no cars around i'd put it back up to normal esp as i did quite a bit of countryside driving at night where i went.

I took mine to france and just lowered the dial if there were no cars around i'd put it back up to normal esp as i did quite a bit of countryside driving at night where i went.

Attachments

• this-is-the-way-this-is-the-way-mandalorian.gif
    this-is-the-way-this-is-the-way-mandalorian.gif
    34.7 KB · Views: 72
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom