E10 Fuel

busa

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi all, not sure if this has been posted before, but I'm after some real world experience on this.
In France we still have E5 95 and 98 unleaded petrol, plus E10 is becoming more widely available, Whilst E10 is around 5 cents cheaper a litre at 1.51 compared to 1.56 euro, what's the real world drop in performance? is it worth using E10 now?
Some good news Leclerc supermarket has some electric charging points, it cost 5 euro for the card, the sales assistant wasn't sure if it lasted for a year or for life, happy either way.

Many thanks for any advice.

I tend to use premium anyway, my thinking is that with my usage pattern a tank of fuel can last months, and I believe premium has a better shelf life. And years ago I did a comparison of mpg/cost etc. On a tank in one of my Alfas. The cost per mile back then was virtually identical but with premium they felt smoother. I do find though premium fuels do tend to be a marmite subject.

Upvote 0
I was thinking of going premium but have needed usage more and again and just last week I did 2x 40 miles and then 2x 60 miles. Luckily I was by Asda and added £30 worth whatever they had lost on Monday

Upvote 0
E5 contain 5 per cent bio-ethanol; E10 contain 10 per cent bio-ethanol.

"Ethanol is hygroscopic, meaning it absorbs water vapor directly from the atmosphere. Because absorbed water dilutes the fuel value of the ethanol and may cause phase separation of ethanol-gasoline blends (which causes engine stall), containers of ethanol fuels must be kept tightly sealed."
Ethanol fuel - Wikipedia

I am sticking to standard unleaded 95 as I run my HS PHEV on solar for 95% of my journeys and an ethanol blend may "go off" if left unused for months in my tank.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom