• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

EHS delivery in one week, having second thoughts.....

JABO

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
i also jumped in, and placed the order, but i'm having second thoughts after reading about some issues, (not the EV button and other 'updatable' things)
i'm more concerned about infotainment probs, not being able to access HVAC, settins, etc. also parking sensors and stories about 'consult dealer' concerning drivetrain issues.
I don't mind the niggles, all cars have it, but i really don't want a car potentially needing to go to the workshop every month, i'm relying on it, needing it every day.
also nearest workshop is 40km's away so a bit of a hassle if it's too often.....

could i be so lucky that the infotainment has been changed already, as i'v seen some posts to show HW ver. 001 and other HW. ver 003 , guessing this is referring to the IFT HW version.

should i cross my fingers and look forward to a great ride, or jump out in time to select a more 'proven' (not guaranteed to be better) brand, sacrificing all the bells and whistles..... ;-)

In 2012 after getting Honda Jazz hybrid, in first drive the tyre blew up - a fist sized hole. No one had it before and I’d never heard of such a thing.

my personal experience with HS is that it’s not so bad. Yes there are minor things which should improve with time. it’s far better than Outlander it replaced TBH

Last edited:
I bet if you looked at any forums for any cars ( yes even Tesla) you would see good and bad reviews as that's the nature of forums.
As I stated on a previous thread
On most forums you only get to see the problems and niggles , some are bad some are minor.
In the end when you get to try the phev , its up to you to decide if you can live with them.
I test drove in the phev and loved it.
I think there's a good point here, by all means read the forums, but test drive it and you find out how great the car really is ( this refers to any car you want to buy) .

I bet if you looked at any forums for any cars ( yes even Tesla) you would see good and bad reviews as that's the nature of forums.
As I stated on a previous thread
On most forums you only get to see the problems and niggles , some are bad some are minor.
In the end when you get to try the phev , its up to you to decide if you can live with them.
I test drove in the phev and loved it.
I think there's a good point here, by all means read the forums, but test drive it and you find out how great the car really is ( this refers to any car you want to buy) .
My car was written off in June and I had been looking at replacement Outlanders with road safety features - 4HS / 5HS. The problem was that while my 2017 Juro had CarPlay, the 4HS / 5HS despite being more expensive models did not.
Not only that I had to spend a bit more or get ones that had 2x more miles.

While browsing SpeakEV classifieds, I saw @MilesperkWh posting about new HS Phev offer. I pinged him to get a long test drive but 220 miles is still far so went to near by dealer and test drove it. Next day I placed the order (7th June) and picked up on 10th from Chorely.

Indeed its a personal preference what you can live with / without. Outlander without CarPlay was a sort of deal breaker for me :)

me too, i love all the luxury & features it's got + all the safety functions, just don't wanna sacrifice the basic day to day functionality of my car to luxury. Dilemma........
also looking at Formentor, but smaller, more expensive & a lot less equip....

me too, i love all the luxury & features it's got + all the safety functions, just don't wanna sacrifice the basic day to day functionality of my car to luxury. Dilemma........
also looking at Formentor, but smaller, more expensive & a lot less equip....
Good luck. I have had the HS for over a month / 1100 miles and so far so good. Nothing major.

I did a 3 day test drive and bought having also read the forums. Before I sold my business I was driving a Merc phev and it suffered from severe issues, often requiring hard reboots. The air suspension collapsed, battery range was nowhere near claimed, fuel economy was bad even in eco.

the HS is comfortable, gives much more reliable battery range, works well in hybrid mode, acceleration is great, no niggles that really annoy me so far, just smiles and and a little smug thought at how much more value I’m getting than if I’d chosen the BMW X1 phev at £10k more.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom