Engineering Mode \ CAN INFO \ Screen and Button Options Locked

Softwaremaker

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Howdy folks,
  • Just got my MG ZS EV delivered (2021 Manufactured - First Gen Model) and I am trying to get the Automatic Temperature (Climate) Control running - instead of the UK Defacto.
  • There are many YT videos on how to do so. I can get to the Engineering mode \ CAN INFO but seems that all button options are locked and cannot be selected or pressed. Video here: LockedEngineeringModeCANInfo.mp4
  • I check with the local MG ZS EV community and it seems the main difference in those who can do so and the ones who cannot (like me) is that my HW version is HW002 while the ones that can select the option in CAN INFO are all HW001.

Anyone here knows a hack on how to get around this ?

Last edited:
Howdy folks,
  • Just got my MG ZS EV delivered (2021 Manufactured - First Gen Model) and I am trying to get the Automatic Temperature (Climate) Control running - instead of the UK Defacto.
  • There are many YT videos on how to do so. I can get to the Engineering mode \ CAN INFO but seems that all button options are locked and cannot be selected or pressed. Video here: LockedEngineeringModeCANInfo.mp4
  • I check with the local MG ZS EV community and it seems the main difference in those who can do so and the ones who cannot (like me) is that my HW version is HW002 while the ones that can select the option in CAN INFO are all HW001.

Anyone here knows a hack on how to get around this ?
Hi, I also have a Gen 1 ZS and have looked at these Engineering screens some time ago when they first came to light. I was able to enable the mode and activated the 'Climate Control' (display screen), which allowed set a temperature to be displayed rather than the UK Default blue to red colour bar. However, since the Gen 1 ZS doesn't have the sensors and hardware to provide Climate control the alternative display you have enabled is just that, an alternative 'display' and nothing more. It seems that MG built just one system for many deployments on different vehicle hardware (ie MG5) which do have climate control. So the screen which displays a temperature in degrees C is totally misleading so I changed it back to the original display.

Hi, I also have a Gen 1 ZS and have looked at these Engineering screens some time ago when they first came to light. I was able to enable the mode and activated the 'Climate Control' (display screen), which allowed set a temperature to be displayed rather than the UK Default blue to red colour bar. However, since the Gen 1 ZS doesn't have the sensors and hardware to provide Climate control the alternative display you have enabled is just that, an alternative 'display' and nothing more. It seems that MG built just one system for many deployments on different vehicle hardware (ie MG5) which do have climate control. So the screen which displays a temperature in degrees C is totally misleading so I changed it back to the original display.
Thank you @BarryH for you comments.
Are you saying that even though there is a thermostat reading (say 25d celsius) - that would not be accurate as there are no sensors in the car ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom