EO charger not releasing plug

Simon 19662021

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
This the update which includes charge while unlocked ,my EO pro 2 does not want to let the plug realise when finished charging,EO have said it's mg's problem not there's šŸ˜‚,app only has pause and start not a stop button,any idears?šŸ‘

Take it the you mean at the car, as the actual charger does not have a 'lock' on it.

Do as @Adee said and unlock the car with the key fob. Works every time for me.

If locking/unlocking fails, (listen out for the 'buzz' and remember you don't have long before it re-locks), then the old 10mm spanner trick of disconnecting the 12v battery terminal works.
I had the same problem with an Engie rapid charger, just wouldn't let go, no matter what I tried or the customer service at Engie. When you reconnect battery you hear the buzz, go and remove the cable.

After reading this thread I think that a ZS EV or MG5 driver should be aware of the emergency pull ring under the bonnet. Just going out to check my own ZS EV now.
When mine wouldn't be released by the Engie charger as mentioned above, the ring pull did not work either !!

After reading this thread I think that a ZS EV or MG5 driver should be aware of the emergency pull ring under the bonnet. Just going out to check my own ZS EV now.
Hi There,
So that's what the "Pull Ring" is for. I couldn't figure out why it didn't do anything when I pulled it, but at the time I wasn't plugged in. Perhaps I need to read the Handbook more often and find more useful tips!!.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom