Eric Stead Sheffield - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Got our Zs ev exlusive from here October 2020 .i am a retired driving instructor and have bought /leased a new car almost every year for over 40 years and i can whole heartedly say that this was the best experience ever .friendly ,helpful and knowledgeble.car located and ready in just two weeks.i would thoroughly recommend without hesitation . 5*

pick up my MG ZS EV on 1 march 2020 with 16000 miles done up to now
both the car and Eric stead have been great and helpful on test drives with there knowledge of EVs
as i`ve never owned one before.
The service at 15000 went smooth with all updates and comfort update done at same time.
I rang up and booked it in for service and needing a courtesy car 2 weeks before i thought i would hit 15000 miles, drop it off at 8am courtesy car was there waiting for me .
pick my car back up 2.30 pm after car had been deep cleaned inside and out.
I would recommend Eric stead to everyone looking for a car and I will be getting my next one from them 100%

Picked my MG ZS EV up in July 2020,
Very easy and quick process and all minor niggles have been sorted without more than a quick phone call. Similar experience to Paul, if you book in advance you can get a courtesy car, drop off yours in the morning and the keys are waiting for you.
Due in 4 months for the 1st service.

Had the car serviced, wiring loom replaced, software updates, and Comfort 2 upgrade done yesterday (03 March) at Eric Stead, Sheffield. All done and dusted within 3 hours at a price even a Yorkshireman couldn't complain about. The response to my enquiries leading up to this was excellent although I didn't buy the car from them (I wish I had). The total opposite of the treatment I got from Stoneacre Doncaster where I bought the car and was misinformed repeatedly until finally giving up on them.

We ordered our MG5 from Eric Stead Sheffield in February and took delivery on 1 March 2021. I found the dealership very responsive and helpful and all the necessary paperwork was done by email. The staff are very friendly and know their cars well - lots of first hand experience paying off. It is not our nearest dealership, but I intend to stick with them for servicing etc. Because of Covid restrictions, the handover was very controlled and we felt safe on the premises. I am sure that there will be many more interactions over the coming months and look forward to reporting on how these issues are handled.

I bought my MG ZS from Eric Stead nearly 3 years ago.

I test drove a ZS EV yesterday and I have placed my order today. It should be around 10 working days. The dealership have always been great and I got a really good trade in value on my current ZS.

My experience with Eric is that I bought a few parts and the elderly lady at the part counter did mess the order up a few times and I caught her out trying to cover it up but then on another visit she made good her mistake. Another day the young fella in parts was really helpful and knowledgeable and called me back to check my order which is what I expect so top marks to him.
My last visit for a service in the last 7 days just gave me a headache as the lady at the service desk said she could not be bothered to tell me what was included in the service! I was shocked and she finally sent me what work is carried out when I asked for it as I want to know what I.m Paying for which I don't think is s big ask. Overall I think the dealership seems a good place they just need to give the 2 elderly female staff members I encountered some customer service training and I.m sure it will be a better place.

1st service done yesterday, 6mm left on the tyres, less than 5% pad wear and all the usual items done (no silly oil change notices lol).
Dropped off at 08:30 and picked up at 14:30. Nice and easy.

1st service done yesterday, 6mm left on the tyres, less than 5% pad wear and all the usual items done (no silly oil change notices lol).
Dropped off at 08:30 and picked up at 14:30. Nice and easy.
May I ask what they charged you as I will be getting my first service done there. Did you ask for a courtesy car and if so was it an EV?

May I ask what they charged you as I will be getting my first service done there. Did you ask for a courtesy car and if so was it an EV?
I had a service plan included with the purchase of my car, so I cannot advise you on a rough price.
However I did ask for a courtesy car when I booked it in the month before it was due.

I ended up with the 1.5 petrol ZS, It's not bad but it makes you appreciate the EV more.
I do know they have an EV for courtesy car or test drives. Perhaps you could try asking for it specifically.

Turned up for our extended test drive arriving slightly late due to trafffic. Salesman doing a handover, after 40 minutes he still hadn’t acknowledged us, walked out. This is now twice I have turned up for appointed test drives to be kept waiting by unprepared staff, sorry MG this just isn’t good enough and would not be tolerated in most other brand dealers. If you don’t address this aspect of customer attention your sales success will be short lived.

Turned up for our extended test drive arriving slightly late due to trafffic. Salesman doing a handover, after 40 minutes he still hadn’t acknowledged us, walked out. This is now twice I have turned up for appointed test drives to be kept waiting by unprepared staff, sorry MG this just isn’t good enough and would not be tolerated in most other brand dealers. If you don’t address this aspect of customer attention your sales success will be short lived.
That must have been very disappointing for you. Have you thought about contacting Miles (via this forum) at Chorley MG?

They are a bit far away, going to try Luscimbes in Leeds and see how they respond. I wonder if MG UK monitor this forum? If so your dealer standards of dealing with customers need raising tout suite.

Well after my less than stellar dealer experience I emailed MG UK. They phoned me today and seem to be taking my comments seriously so hope it results in some action.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom