• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV European vs UK model

BobsEV

Standard Member
Reaction score
Comparing the specs of the European and UK model on the websites, a few things stood out as different in the EU model:

• Lane Change Warning (I think we have it in the UK but not listed separately in spec list)
  • Slush door trim (what the heck does this mean?)
  • e-call system (I think the UK model should have it by law but does that mean there is a SIM within the car for connectivity? It is not called out in the spec sheet though...)

I wonder if there are any other differences (other than the steering wheel on the other side).

Hi, Just recieved my MG ZS EV last month in the Netherlands in dark blue (regal blue). So yes..

e-call system is standard and comes with all models. I think it's an inactivated sim card that actitates when used. I'm not paying any data subscription for it and it should work.. hope i don't find out.. even then.. I still have a phone.

Lane change warining is standard (all models)

Slush door trim only on the premium version. (don't know what it is either)

Attachments

• 20200814_082039.jpg
    20200814_082039.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 162
Thanks dprager for taking the time to take a photo for us. I checked yesterday in my car and it seems the UK MG ZS EV doesn't have that button... (or my one doesn't...) Strange, I thought it was mandatory in the UK (given EU laws) to have e-call...

Thanks dprager for taking the time to take a photo for us. I checked yesterday in my car and it seems the UK MG ZS EV doesn't have that button... (or my one doesn't...) Strange, I thought it was mandatory in the UK (given EU laws) to have e-call...
I guess the SIM is "hidden" elsewhere in the vehicle, and the EU promised they won't use it to track people (given the limits with using a SIM only), so that's OK then ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom