EV mode keeps dropping out on MG HS PHEV

Tux182

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hey guys. Had one of these for a few days now.
Love it apart from....

Sometimes the car will start fine in EV mode. Then other times it will say 'EV mode not available'. Same deal when it's in motion.
No real patterns that I can see. What gives?

Is anyone else having similar issues or just me?

If AC is on and temperature is anything but Low, there Car may decide that you need heating. It drops out of EV mode in that instance with this message

What I have noticed if they is not sticky and I come to it with a EV mode switched to auto every morning. Happened a few times during the day too

Most mornings I Check to see what mode it is in , then if I select EV it normally stays like that all day.
I have never had an issue where it drops out back to hybrid apart from the usual known reasons , battery all used up or heater turned on. My wife says when she turned the back demister on this also turned off EV mode.

Most mornings I Check to see what mode it is in , then if I select EV it normally stays like that all day.
I have never had an issue where it drops out back to hybrid apart from the usual known reasons , battery all used up or heater turned on. My wife says when she turned the back demister on this also turned off EV mode.

I have to turn it on every morning as it is off without fail.
A few times including a few minutes ago, it switched to auto mode. I had gone on school run in EV mode and return leg kicked the engine and thats how I realise EV mode is off.

The MG EHS dos not have a an electric heat pump, this means heating the interieur always needs the engine to run. Indeed like the other members describe lower the temperature setting in the car and the car wil start and stay in EV mode.

The MG EHS dos not have a an electric heat pump, this means heating the interieur always needs the engine to run. Indeed like the other members describe lower the temperature setting in the car and the car wil start and stay in EV mode.

In my instance, the AC is on low - infact AC is off most of the times

From the main (home) screen go to temperature setting and press the on/off button
No change in behaviour - yesterday in the afternoon I switched off climate control as you suggested. Having charged overnight, started up in the morning and EV mode was off

yes 1st thing in the morning it seems hit and miss so I always check to make sure its in EV mode.
Hopefully turning off climate control will stop hybrid mode turning on , when you have selected ev mode.

yes 1st thing in the morning it seems hit and miss so I always check to make sure its in EV mode.
Hopefully turning off climate control will stop hybrid mode turning on , when you have selected ev mode.

Fans running should have no impact on EV mode. There is something dodgy here, I am logging it every time I get into the car and hopefully will have enough data for MG soon

No change in behaviour - yesterday in the afternoon I switched off climate control as you suggested. Having charged overnight, started up in the morning and EV mode was off
The initiator of this thread reports another problem. EV mode not supported, while driving. Your observation after overnight is something else which we all observe. It does not bother me very much. I just select it on again. Might it have something to do with charging overnight?

The initiator of this thread reports another problem. EV mode not supported, while driving. Your observation after overnight is something else which we all observe. It does not bother me very much. I just select it on again. Might it have something to do with charging overnight?
Correct!! EV mode not available happens when climate control demands power and that turns EV mode off.
What I observe has something to do with charging though not always. I will continue with my observations and see what MG make of it

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom