EXPIRED: MG4 available on PCP from £299 per month!

BugEyed

Reaction score
Worcester
Driving
Not an MG
Hence the nice Mr Musk doesn't have dealers making it impossible to see who is taking any profit.
There's little alternative to the F-150 Lightening at the moment apart from the Rivian R1T which is more expensive and more of a lifestyle than a work truck. Throw in the brand and dealership loyalty along with the waiting list and that's what you get out.
Back in the last century Morgan's used to command a significant premium, as did the original VW funded Bugatti Veyron which also served as a halo car for VAG in a similar way to the Lightening for Ford.
And No, I'm not buying or selling one!

BugEyed

Reaction score
Worcester
Driving
Not an MG
  • Lightening - Make less dark or heavy
  • Lightning - Electricity from the sky
Here in the UK we also have the Maxus T90EV Electric Pickup
Thanks for the spelling lesson - nobody would accuse the Ford of being lightweight except a Hummer enthusiast. 😉

The Maxus sums up the relative prices and ambitions between the UK and US.

Paulie68

Reaction score
North East Lincolnshire
Driving
Not an MG
Thanks for the spelling lesson - nobody would accuse the Ford of being lightweight except a Hummer enthusiast. 😉

The Maxus sums up the relative prices and ambitions between the UK and US.
The "All new" T90 (For that read old, ICE truck, conversion!) For the bargain price of just £50k!

I see pick ups as hacks you drive around building sites picking up dents and scrapes, brick rubble and cement getting thrown in the bed, I can't imagine the stress it would cause me to have £50k in one just for it to get all battered!

Harry 17

Reaction score
Notts
Driving
MG4
Good PCP price at £300 a month, I understand this is for 6K miles per annum and I honestly do not know the deposit (£6K perhaps?)

back in the real world (for me) I require 10K miles per annum, my cost for a Trophy in the more expensive Orange colour is £402 per month with a £3.5K deposit. Hopefully this info will be of interest / use to some out there.

Bugger: I should have read the OP before posting LOL

the deposits seem reasonable, just for me the 6K miles PA would not work

BugEyed

Reaction score
Worcester
Driving
Not an MG
I see pick ups as hacks you drive around building sites picking up dents and scrapes, brick rubble and cement getting thrown in the bed, I can't imagine the stress it would cause me to have £50k in one just for it to get all battered!

It's a lifestyle pickup, not a working vehicle. What use is a 750-1500kg towing weight (when they work out which) or 1000kg bed load? Perfect for a MTX bike, jet ski, single horsebox (although 2WD so keep to the tarmac), err.... And 2.2kW V2L, not the 7.2kW in the Ford. But at least it will nearly fit on UK roads, perfect for the school run.

McPhee

Standard Member
Reaction score
Stafford, UK
Major change to the finance on these today. Interest rate went up to 7.9%, which is disappointing. Means an extra £600 deposit is needed for a SR SE spec car at £299/month

Compounding the disappointment, lease prices actually went DOWN today 😯 Leasing was already a bit cheaper than PCP, but the gap has now risen such that it's now over £2.5k cheaper to lease the base spec car.

Last edited:

Paulie68

Reaction score
North East Lincolnshire
Driving
Not an MG
Major change to the finance on these today. Interest rate went up to 7.9%, which is disappointing. Means an extra £600 deposit is needed for a SR SE spec car at £299/month

Compounding the disappointment, lease prices actually went DOWN today 😯 Leasing was already a bit cheaper than PCP, but the gap has now risen such that it's now over £2.5k cheaper to lease the base spec car.
The interesting take from that is that it means lease companies are expecting values to hold up much better...

NickHeynes

Reaction score
Benfleet UK
Driving
MG4
The new MG4 is now available to quote on PCP finance.

Example offers from Chorley Group MG:

MG4 SE SR, solid paint (Arctic White or Holborn Blue)
£1,999 customer deposit -
6000 miles per annum: £299 per month x48
GFV: £14,877.00
7.0% APR

MG4 SE LR, solid paint (Arctic White or Holborn Blue)
£379 customer deposit -
6000 miles per annum: £379 per month x48
GFV: £15,984.00
7.0% APR

MG4 Trophy LR, solid paint (Arctic White or Holborn Blue)
£2,899 customer deposit -
6000 miles per annum: £369 per month x48
GFV: £17,230.50
7.0% APR

These are representative quotes only. If you would like a customised quote with a different deposit, please get in touch with our branches.
Burnley: 01282 434300
Chorley: 01257 448899

The interesting take from that is that it means lease companies are expecting values to hold up much better...
I've signed my lease docs but am in the cooling off period so I'm hoping to be able to re sign at a lower rate.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG electric car news: MG4 software updates, MG5 facelift available, delivery updates & EV economics
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Top Bottom