Finally taken the plunge

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all, I have finally taken the plunge and ordered the Exclusive version. Even though I have been studying/researching buying an EV, including stalking this forum for some while, it has still come as a bit of a surprise how much I need to get organised.
I am still mighty confused about how many RFIDs or not or how many public charging networks I need to sign up to.

If you have no charging at home, don't worry. Use Zap Map to find your local chargers - you will soon find you get into a routine and any longer trips just need planning in advance.

Enjoy

If you have no charging at home, don't worry. Use Zap Map to find your local chargers - you will soon find you get into a routine and any longer trips just need planning in advance.

Enjoy
Thanks, I will be getting a home charger installed, the Rolec seems as good as any for my purposes. I have installed Zap Map and discovered I have several rapid (50Kw) chargers very near that are free vend until Oct 2021. :)

With home charging you should be fine. And free rapid charging nearby is a real bonus.

Congratulations. As for signing up to networks, all I did was download a bunch of apps for the various companies along my routes, and made I signed up with the free accounts - Polar, ChargeYourCar and Ecotricity are the usual ones on my motorway routes. Makes life easier when you turn up to ones that require an app. I didn't sign up with any monthly plans as I don't use them enough, so a contactless credit card generally is fine. With Polar, you dont even need the app.

Thanks, I will be getting a home charger installed, the Rolec seems as good as any for my purposes. I have installed Zap Map and discovered I have several rapid (50Kw) chargers very near that are free vend until Oct 2021. :)
Which brand ones are free at 50kw please ??

Just seen there are loads around Leeds for free and nowhere else 😳 lol

It's a West Yorkshire combined authorities (lots of councils working together) initiative, also includes free parking in council car parks and pay and display on the streets.

Which brand ones are free at 50kw please ??
Engie, sorry still getting the hang of this board. I think it will be a half hour down the road when needed and use the home charger for balancing the batteries every now and then.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom