Follow me home lights, help please!

Katherine Holland

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Next silly question but I know you will be kind..... When I turn off my car the lights used to stay on for a little while to give me a chance to grab my bags etc and get to the front door. My car has been in for a repair (ooops, I hit a post🙄) and now that I've got it back it doesn't do that anymore. I've read the manual and it says you have to push the lever away to activate the follow me home lights which I have done. This does indeed turn the lights on for a few minutes but it doesn't remember to do it the next time. I've checked the infotainment system and "follow me home" is turned on. What am I doing wrong please?

According to the manual, page 42, you're moving the stalk the wrong way, you should pull it towards the steering wheel not away.

You need to pull it every time on my car

I don’t know Katherine. Mine have never automatically stayed on - i’ve always had to pull the stalk. I’ve always had this enabled as far as i know.

Mine work automatically as when I've reversed into the garage & turned off it gives me enough time to close the garage door & put the dead bolts in before they extinguish.

Isn't there also a setting for when you don't use the stalk?

Mine has always been automatic. I'm also in Australia, perhaps that makes a difference, but it seems unlikely.

I turned mine off as I have no need for it, my drive is lit up by the street light outside my house and my security light further down the drive.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom