• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Free boot liner deal

Richal666

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all, I was looking for boot liners when I seen this. Apparently they need an MG5 to take to factory to measure and fit and you get it for free as they then will add it to thier line. Factory is in birkenhead though and too far for me.

Screenshot_20220420_080513_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Hi all, I was looking for boot liners when I seen this. Apparently they need an MG5 to take to factory to measure and fit and you get it for free as they then will add it to thier line. Factory is in birkenhead though and too far for me.

View attachment 8072
I'm sure they'll fine someone on here who lives nearish who's up for a freebie. They'll probably only need the car for an hour, if that, for digital scanning 🙂

I think Les Burrows is booked in to get measured up

View attachment 8072
I'm sure they'll fine someone on here who lives nearish who's up for a freebie. They'll probably only need the car for an hour, if that, for digital scanning 🙂

View attachment 8072
A guy on the MG5 Owners & Fans page said he emailed them last weekend and they already have someone booked in for this.

View attachment 8072
I posted this on the MG5 Owners and Fans page after reading this post and that was the answer I got so I deleted my post as it seems they are sorted 😁

I think Les Burrows is booked in to get measured up

Thank you Dino for pointing that out, your right I am going there on 17th of May, for them to scan and measure up my MG5 and will then need to go there again 1/2 more times to check the fit of a liner after is as been made
Les

Hi again everyone,
So been to the Hatchbag company factory /unit in Birkenhead this morning and my car has been scanned and measured up so they can now make a a boot liner to fit, sorry unable to take any pictures as I could not go into the working area understandable I suppose.

So they explained to me that the liner is a Tailor fit item and that when they do offer them for sale the standard range like mine with a fixed floor height will be different from the long range because of the variable floor height, and on that the later car, you would need to chose which to order depending on which height you use the floor at. So there will be three different sizes to chose from plus they will not be interchangeable due to the Tailor fit.
Serval colours will be available but no black ! But there is a dark gray which is what I have chosen to have made to make sure the fit Is correct I need to return to the unit in5/6 weeks time they have also got a long range with a variable floor to measure to make a pattern for that car so thats about it for now will update when I hear anymore.
Les

Hi Guys,
I went yesterday with my MG5LR so that they could scan it.
Looks like a really nice/quality product.
I chose the blue so will post some pics when it's done. They do do the liners I'm black, just not for the free/prototype ones as they will need to photograph it fitted for advertising. (Black boot liner in black carpeted boot won't be very photogenic)

To be honest they didn't offer me the choice of floor up or down, but it was down when I arrived so I guess they must have raised it whilst scanning so they can make 2 different sizes.

Axe

Last edited:
Just received an e mail from Hatchbag to say that their boot liner for the MG5 (2020 onwards) will be available in a couple of weeks as they have done all the design work and are now going into production phase. They are not cheap but having had one for 6 years in my Octavia estate they are well worth the money. Not sure how they have dealt with the high/low boot floor but presume the information will appear when they start selling them. Not on their website yet.

Hi all, went to Hatchbag company again yesterday to have the bootliner fitted in my car , and all went well they fitted the said boot liner in my car I was not allowed in their work shop area while they where fitting the liner to take photos
( Health and safety I suppose ) but they are going to mail me some pictures not got them as yet, so I have took a few myself to give you an idea there or different colours available but they said I could not have black as it would not show up in the picture that they have taken for their website so I choose grey but black is available to order I believe I have done what I can with pictures for now as the heavens have opened and it is blowing a gale so will do a a few more mainly of the extension piece that covers the seat backs when they are lowered down plus I will post any pictures that Hatchbag send me when I get them.
The liner is well made and good quality so should be very durable I would think should be brilliant for wet dogs and trips to the rubbish dump everything it is held in place with strong ties and Velcro now my car is one of the first so fixed floor height but they are fitting one with variable floor height next week at some point maybe that’s Firemans axe his car, anyhow they wil be available quite soon from Hatchbag I ask for prices to be sent with their photographs if possible they wasn’t sure yesterday
So there you go done my bit for now.
Les
6478A701-A4E4-461F-8D11-E58646F70CAB.jpeg

D2064277-67A6-4F9C-8567-2DBB811EE882.jpegB4DF7816-DF1F-4E5D-9EC8-81A793E3E1C1.jpegA102E543-F3EF-4B47-A21B-267099A5CEA7.jpeg3D6F112D-1ACE-4EC9-A8EC-EC284240DCF4.jpeg112EE30C-92C1-4F52-8363-0BB1A3D8FB9A.jpeg0B56704C-5602-4E80-B452-51A89DF99FBC.jpeg
The last two pictures are of the tail gate that is fully lined as well

Attachments

• 6ACF4C11-E3A0-49EA-ACBC-DDF8310A2D25.jpeg
    6ACF4C11-E3A0-49EA-ACBC-DDF8310A2D25.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Hi all, went to Hatchbag company again yesterday to have the bootliner fitted in my car , and all went well they fitted the said boot liner in my car I was not allowed in their work shop area while they where fitting the liner to take photos
( Health and safety I suppose ) but they are going to mail me some pictures not got them as yet, so I have took a few myself to give you an idea there or different colours available but they said I could not have black as it would not show up in the picture that they have taken for their website so I choose grey but black is available to order I believe I have done what I can with pictures for now as the heavens have opened and it is blowing a gale so will do a a few more mainly of the extension piece that covers the seat backs when they are lowered down plus I will post any pictures that Hatchbag send me when I get them.
The liner is well made and good quality so should be very durable I would think should be brilliant for wet dogs and trips to the rubbish dump everything it is held in place with strong ties and Velcro now my car is one of the first so fixed floor height but they are fitting one with variable floor height next week at some point maybe that’s Firemans axe his car, anyhow they wil be available quite soon from Hatchbag I ask for prices to be sent with their photographs if possible they wasn’t sure yesterday
So there you go done my bit for now.
Les
View attachment 9336

View attachment 9337View attachment 9338View attachment 9339View attachment 9340View attachment 9341View attachment 9342
The last two pictures are ofthe tail gate that is fully lined as well
Nice fit, & looks so much better than others I've seen - I wasn't keen at all on the quilted options. Hopefully they do one for the ZS.

Hi again, edit to #11 above, I got a E mail from the Hatchbag company this morning, with pictures that they took very similar to the ones I posted yesterday but probably better quality.
Anyhow it looks like this will be available from next week for anyone who is interested, if they do send me anymore information I will post it for you, the first picture is the extension piece which I didn’t takes picture off yesterday, this is attached to the headrest on the front seats so the whole of the rear is then covered
Les.

0C931202-02C4-479F-AE2D-2106264FEB10.jpeg

Hi Les,
Sorry I was thinking to send you the pics once the car is online. Probably is going to be Monday- Tuesday next week, as we are waiting for the other customer with the variable floor boot option to come for the fitting, so we can have all the options available.

I attached some pics for you.

C7983B0C-0059-448E-91CF-F2B43AF476F6.jpegEF5FAA8B-E37A-4B29-B74E-62959C141FAE.jpeg858E4985-189E-4841-A0F8-67DFA04831B7.jpeg7852CF14-B7D1-493B-9970-3E7134391E15.jpeg132C5429-0927-4337-8753-E1EA8026BF34.jpeg796C9C2E-EA44-49CD-AC7C-182D77D16352.jpeg
I will send you an email as soon as its online.

Regards,
Design and development
The Hatchbag Company
www.hatchbag.co.uk

Tel: 0151 346 8754
E-mail: [email protected]

Last edited:
That looks pretty good. I may have to be ordering one when they're available, depending on price.
Yeh the quality is good well made and if you have dogs for me it must be a no brainer, on the photos which I took yesterday you can see I have replace the load cover, and the rubberised MG floor mat, over the top but not really needed now with the Hatchbag in place but I got that when I bought the car no problems with either, I don’t think MG sell the floor mat anymore I’m not sure.
Les
1656508900846.jpeg

Yeh the quality good well made and if you have dogs for me it must be a no brained on the photos which I took yesterday you can see I have replace the load cover and the rubberised MG floor map that I got when I bought the car no problems with either but I don’t think MG sell the floor mat anymore I’m not sure.
Les
View attachment 9396
Yeah I have 4 dogs so it will be needed. Not that they’ll all fit in there, though I’m hoping the 2 labs and the beagle will fit or I’ll be needing a roof box for when we go away. I like that mat but can’t see it for sale anywhere.

Yeah I have 4 dogs so it will be needed. Not that they’ll all fit in there, though I’m hoping the 2 labs and the beagle will fit or I’ll be needing a roof box for when we go away. I like that mat but can’t see it for sale anywhere.
Hi again yeh it’s good, perfect fit maybe a little on the flimsy side but fine if you take a bit of care with it, I’ve had it for 16 months now and it’s had a lot of use in that time, try ringing around a few dealers I’m sure some body must have one but no it’s not on the MG website any more.
I will keep my eyes open and if I see one I will let you know I think it was about £68 when I got it.
Les

Hi again yeh it’s good, perfect fit maybe a little on the flimsy side but fine if you take a bit of care with it, I’ve had it for 16 months now and it’s had a lot of use in that time, try ringing around a few dealers I’m sure some body must have one but no it’s not on the MG website any more.
I will keep my eyes open and if I see one I will let you know I think it was about £68 when I got it.
Les
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Peter

Yep, my LR is in on Monday morning for fitting, (I hope the ice drivers don't go ahead with their threats to blockade motorways or I might be late.
Got to say the pics of yours look great, I was wondering what they would do about the side pockets with the netting and it looks like they have done a very high quality job of it.
Mine is the height adjustable floor and I've opted for the "floor at lowest setting" liner in blue. Will post some pics when i can :)
Axe

EDIT to my post #11 above
So this morning after the storms of yesterday,I had another good look at the boot liner i got from Hatchbag, and I came across a Minor issue which is, with the liner in place the boot floor cannot be lifted up, now remember my car is the SR, so does not have the variable floor height that the LR does, but under the floor is the spare wheel or puncture repair equipment, so in order to gain access to this, you would need to undo the side panels of the liner ( only held in place with Velcro strips so easy enough to do ) and fold back the liner towards the back of the rear seats which should only take a couple of minutes, I’m sure as I said it’s a very Minor issue and would in no way Deter me from fitting one, if I had animals that can be wet or muddy, mountain bikes, tools etc, you need one, but I felt I needed to make you aware of this very Minor issue to compete my review of it

Now on Monday next member FiremanAxe ( thanks for your posting Axe ) is taking his LR MG5 to be fitted with a liner and it is being fitted with his boot floor in the lower position so apart from the LR have two netted pockets in the boot I can’t see there will be much difference in mine and he’s.
Hatchbag are also going to produce one that will fit with the floor in the highest setting for anyone that requires one.
Les

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom