MG ZS EV Front Camera Disable

Seve

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anybody else experienced a warning of Front Camera Disabled, and Automatic Dip Headlights disabled ? it would seem that condensation on the camera, especially when the weather is cold, disables this function? I also get a lot of condensation on the front screen (inside)
I have a MGZS EV 2022

Yep, condensation will do it, or a dirty windscreen. Clean the windscreen (especially where the camera is, its up behind the rear view mirror) and demist the windscreen before you get in the car (use the app if its a mk2) and that will help.

You can get the big bags of silica gel (Pingi) from Halfords and keep them in the car, this will reduce the condensation a bit as well.

my screen clears quickly when starting the car and never fogs up once cleared, have the fan at about 3/4 speed and just use heated fresh air, rear window is a different matter, never really seems to clear properly. On real cold nights recently, the camera must be getting a frozen mist over it so I have been getting intermittent camera blocked warning and dip headlight warning (although the auto dip headlights is always off).

I get this all the time at the moment... screen perfectly clear when it happens too. Get a rear collision error too which is odd as that uses the ultrasonic sensors and not cameras.

I have one in boot and two for front screen, but now find two in boot one up front is better. Depends on size of bags . One thing I found that helps a lot is keep car in normal mode, it condensates worse in eco mode

I have one in boot and two for front screen, but now find two in boot one up front is better. Depends on size of bags . One thing I found that helps a lot is keep car in normal mode, it condensates worse in eco mode
Ditto. (y)

Has anybody else experienced a warning of Front Camera Disabled, and Automatic Dip Headlights disabled ? it would seem that condensation on the camera, especially when the weather is cold, disables this function? I also get a lot of condensation on the front screen (inside)
I have a MGZS EV 2022
Use some rain x or guard x on the lens which helps. Also while parked up I have a large reusable moisture bag which helps.

When you live by the sea, I also have a problem with my camera disabled!
IMG_4314.jpg

I have a MGZS EV 2022
Yes, I have experienced this happening on a number of occasions when the weather is pretty miserable. It always clears after a little while and hasn't been a problem.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom