Front Collision sensor fault

DaveW

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Greetings all, we've had our ZS EV for about 3 months, loving it. So comfortable to drive and doesn't use much petrol
My wife ran into a rock in a car park and scratched the underside of the front grill, no real damage but it has impacted the Front Collision system. We get an warning on the dash
There is a small rectangular panel, looks like a sensor on the front, just below the number plate. It is in tact but moves slightly in it's mount. It would seem this is related to the issue.
Can anyone assist with a spare part or
I have found reference to front end impact crash sensor but that is mounted above the bonet
Any ideas, thanks in advance

I've worked out it was a knock to the front under grill section which broke one of the 3 mounts for the Radar Module. The module wasn't touched, just the flex of the lower grill was enough to force the mount to break and possibly break the radar module.
Seems such a poor design.
Has anyone seen how to replace this radar module, I presume I need to take off the whole grill.
Does anyone know the cost of a replacement radar module?

For a radar to work correctly.

1) the radar mount on any car should not move at all , it should be securely in place.

2) can not be covered with debree/snow or mud.

3) should not move while driving

4) replacing a radar module or the housing should be done by experts, after replacing it has to be re-aligned.

For a radar to work correctly.

1) the radar mount on any car should not move at all , it should be securely in place.

2) can not be covered with debree/snow or mud.

3) should not move while driving

4) replacing a radar module or the housing should be done by experts, after replacing it has to be re-aligned.
For it to be re-aligned does it need a computer system?

Yes, a new unit has to be recalibrated in situ. Splitting hairs but actually the car electronics has to be told how to interpret the output from the radar which itself is a fairly dumb device.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom