Front distance / parking sensor warnings

weiro

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi Guys,
do you also have the issues, that the front parking / distance sensor will not warn you with warning sounds ?
This only happens for the front sensors, the rear sensors are working - I think that is a software problem with the 360 cam ?

Regards,
Robert

Some cars only activate the front sensors once you've activated reverse (to stop them going off all the time in traffic etc) My Mom's Vauxhall Mokka does the same thing, it's a bit disconcerting sometimes 😅

Hi Guys,
do you also have the issues, that the front parking / distance sensor will not warn you with warning sounds ?
This only happens for the front sensors, the rear sensors are working - I think that is a software problem with the 360 cam ?

Regards,
Robert
Works fine with mine so far...

Don't think front sensors are mentioned in the specs. I don't appear to have them, not visible like on the rear.

Don't think front sensors are mentioned in the specs. I don't appear to have them, not visible like on the rear.
Hi Nudg,
Welcome to the Plug-ins! You understand that I started to doubt myself after stating the opposite above.
Indeed, the UK specs and the manual in English prove your observation. However, the Dutch version ( and most probably the Continental ) has 4 front sensors and they work fine and in a higher pitch tone.

Hi Guys,

Regards,
Robert
Hi Robert
After more investigation I found out what probably is at fault with the front parking sensor system.
It only works with warning sounds when you first select reverse (R). So when turning out of a parking space the front sensors are engaged as well. Also when you select D afterwards they stay armed. But when you are in D and the 360 Cam has been deactivated automatically they are not engaged when you park, even when the 360 Cam is selected.
Please check this out, as indeed it looks like a software bug.

Last edited:
Hi there.

Just picked up my HS this week and would confirm the UK spec does not include front sensors, just the camera.

Hi Robert
After more investigation I found out what probably is at fault with the front parking sensor system.
It only works with warning sounds when you first select reverse (R). So when turning out of a parking space the front sensors are engaged as well. Also when you select D afterwards they stay armed. But when you are in D and the 360 Cam has been deactivated automatically they are not engaged when you park, even when the 360 Cam is selected.
Please check this out, as indeed it looks like a software bug.
So glad to read this. I have an EHS (Luxury) and I was frustrated at the fact that when I park forwards in a space there are no warnings if I'm too close etc. When I reverse out of the space it then sounds the warning signal that I'm "close" to the wall. The sensors stay on and front camera goes on when I drive forward again.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom