Front fog lights

Oldgrice

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the car looks better with fog lights on the front, more of a look thing for me.
Does any one know or had them fitted as an option.
I have seen a few ZS on the road with them but they all seem to be the ICE models.
Cheers

Just my opinion, but I can't see the point of them myself, what with headlights and DRLs there's enough light at the front to be seen in fog.

I think the car looks better with fog lights on the front, more of a look thing for me.
Does any one know or had them fitted as an option.
I have seen a few ZS on the road with them but they all seem to be the ICE models.
Cheers

I entirely agree. Unfortunately there is no MG option for the style of our front bumper, only the Petrol version. I'm going to fit a set of Hella projector beam fog lights in the lower grille when I get the time, but it is by no means a simple task, involving custom modification to the grille and making up custom bracketry. There's also no wiring loom or switch for them on the EV either, so this has to be added from scratch also.

Last edited:
I'm going to ask when I pick up my car on Saturday see what they say even if they come back to me in a few days.

Just my opinion, but I can't see the point of them myself, what with headlights and DRLs there's enough light at the front to be seen in fog.
Your proberbly correct but the lower the light the less they reflect light back to see the road or kerbs.

Your proberbly correct but the lower the light the less they reflect light back to see the road or kerbs.

He's not correct (no disrespect meant to Kithmo) you are, the type of light spread from properly aligned fog lights is very useful in poor foggy conditions where the standard low beams don't help much. DRL's are irrelevant in helping you as a driver, they give a localised, intense, none focused light for other people to see you in dull daylight conditions.

It really, really, annoys me that MG didn't supply (or even give an option to add) fog lights on the highest spec. car in the ZS range, it beggars belief, but it is what it is. :(

AliExpress offer an LED daytime running light option to replace the standard fog lights on the ZS ICE version which already has the wiring harness.
I'm not familiar with the physical differences between the lower grill of each model (ICE and EV) but it may be a possible alternative. Would require wiring connection to existing DRL's.

MG with LEDs in lower grills.JPG

AliExpress offer an LED daytime running light option to replace the standard fog lights on the ZS ICE version which already has the wiring harness.
I'm not familiar with the physical differences between the lower grill of each model (ICE and EV) but it may be a possible alternative. Would require wiring connection to existing DRL's.

View attachment 501

Aliexpress also have proper fog light kits for the petrol model, unfortunately the lower bumper moulding on the EV is a totally different shape and was never designed with fog lights in mind, so has no removable blanks where the fog lights would go.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom