• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Getting a full charge

trev ski

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi. I bought an MG ZS in December and had a EO home charger fitted before Christmas. I was told to expect to 155 miles fully charged. I only ever seem to get 135. Which makes a big difference when you are trying to do a long journey.
Any thoughts?

Hi. I bought an MG ZS in December and had a EO home charger fitted before Christmas. I was told to expect to 155 miles fully charged. I only ever seem to get 135. Which makes a big difference when you are trying to do a long journey.
Any thoughts?
It may be worth your while looking at other threads on this forum, there are many that deal with this.

Any thoughts?
Guessing your car was still in Normal, rather than ECO mode?

ECO just makes you think you have more miles. If you want a more realistic GOM estimate then put the car in Sport and the HVAC on full heat and full fan.

Any thoughts?
Who told you to expect 155miles range? It’s not unlike buying an ICE car with mpg figures of 60mpg - you will hardly ever achieve this in real world use. In winter a good ballpark is 100-140miles, in summer 120-160miles. Some achieve more, some less, just the same as with petrol or diesel cars. The range indication on your ZS should be based on your historic miles/kwh performance. So in winter around 3, in summer 4+. Is about what is achievable. There’s loads of posts on here if you’re interested in reading more 🙂

Any thoughts?
@trev ski - Yep, that's no too bad for Winter and, as @Tango130 says, you might be still set in Normal, Eco will give you about 10% additional.
But - the AC/heater diminishes the range, as does the windscreen wipers and headlights in wet, dark days.

Still - summer is great!!! You'll get your 155+ then!!

@trev ski - Yep, that's no too bad for Winter and, as @Tango130 says, you might be still set in Normal, Eco will give you about 10% additional.
But - the AC/heater diminishes the range, as does the windscreen wipers and headlights in wet, dark days.

I’ve also now found out that the higher the heating is set the more power you use; make sense really, but I wasn’t sure...I am now...

Thanks

Who told you to expect 155miles range? It’s not unlike buying an ICE car with mpg figures of 60mpg - you will hardly ever achieve this in real world use. In winter a good ballpark is 100-140miles, in summer 120-160miles. Some achieve more, some less, just the same as with petrol or diesel cars. The range indication on your ZS should be based on your historic miles/kwh performance. So in winter around 3, in summer 4+. Is about what is achievable. There’s loads of posts on here if you’re interested in reading more 🙂
Thanks

I’ve also now found out that the higher the heating is set the more power you use; make sense really, but I wasn’t sure...I am now...
Yes, like having an electric fire: light only 25w, one bar 1kw, two bars 2kw. More bars more cost. 🥵 🔥

If you listen carefully when you turn the heater up from cold once it gets past the first red bar you can hear the heater activating (I assume that's what it is, try it and you'll know what I mean)

Any thoughts?
If you can get 135 miles in winter time with reasonable heating and aircon on, then you should be very happy.
My best advice is to experiment with the car, so you find your achievable range in winter and summertime. So you know what in most circumstances will be achievable. Being realistic is important. We have had our car since summer. We don't drive that much at the moment ( covid19) so I am not done experimenting. But so far I have the number set for 190 km in winter. Maybe more after I got the BMS update 2 days ago.
It's a great car. Just get to know is important, get it under your skin then your confidence will grow:)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom