• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Glyn Hopkin Cambridge - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

I will update when I have more time [3 months' baby at home]

So far, very bad; I would recomend to avoid. [See updates at the end]

Passed them the common defects/checklist from this forum prior to the PDI and it was disregarded as the windscreen spray nozzels were pointing below the wipers. Infotainment on R30 instead of R33.

Car had undertray falling with nice gap to scoop all filth on the road (not a bulge) Told them about it at the handover and reacted kind of aggressive instead of trying to be helpful. They not even checked it with their own eyes, so they were clearly already aware of the defect... their only concern was if I was going to take the car or not. Completely out of the discussion the possibility of them to chase MG to authorise a fix; that was not their problem.

Dent on door handle that was promised to be repaired... two weeks lapsed already.

I have now found more issues as an AC compressor with cricket noise, climate control not responding to real temperature, random errors and glitches on the screen... I'll update with their reaction.

EDIT-UPDATE1: 19 days later, after writing to MG Customer services about all this and posting this message, I got a call to book an appointment to fix the tray and the other things... no mention about the door handle.

EDIT-UPDATE2: When I got there to leave the car, I am told that the only engineer with knowledge to fix the issues had just tested positive for COVID and has to self isolate for 14 days (we are in May 2023, no country in the world requires to self isolate anymore). Got really angry as the 30 day reject window was going to be lost (probably what they wanted). I just gone to another branch where I was treated waaay much better.

Last edited:
Just got the following email. Just as a heads up.

"We would like to inform you that Glyn Hopkin MG Cambridge is no longer an MG dealer. Your closest dealerships for Sales and Service are shown below. Should you wish, you can also find additional facilities using the dealer locator on our website."

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom