Glyn Hopkin Milton Keynes - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Glyn Hopkins Milton Keynes. Part 1
Part of a multi marque franchise the access is easy but with parking a little cluttered and sparse.

The showroom is bright, clean and tidy, there has to be an allowance for it being 2020 and social distancing and the new way of interacting with people.
I am dealing with Thomas King and it is ongoing so this will be updated as we go on.
The initial visit was to ask questions actually look at the ZS and the 5 and decide if I was going to move forward. Tom answered all the initial questions happily and gave me his card. Following that;
I found that if Tom was away from his desk nobody picked up his line, and that was over a couple of days and "several" attempts. I eventually went through reception and booked a test drive of both the ZS and the 5. When we turned up at the allotted time neither car was available and the booking hadn't been passed to Tom! They did accept their error and were very apologetic.
A new test drive has been booked so that experience is to follow. I did ask if an extended test drive of the 5 could be arranged over the Christmas period but alas, it was not. The overall experience so far hasn't put me off, but I wouldn't shout their praises at the moment, but neither would I suggest anybody avoids this dealership.
I will update with the test drive experience once done.

Had pretty much zero interest in selling me a ZS EV when I was looking at the beginning of 2021, the guy on the forecourt was the opposite of helpful, went else where.

Since going back later in 2021 after lockdown etc, it's much better service I am happy to report, and I would now be happy to buy from them etc.

Last edited:
Walked up this morning with no appointment, spoke to Anish.

Nice chap, genuine sensible discussion without any car salesman oiliness, test drive booked for 10th Dec- would have been sooner but for my schedule.

After a lifetime of running rustbucket diesels, looking forward to not spending £90 a time almost three times a month ;)

I bought my car over a month ago and it wasn't a great experience. I am not sure if it came down to the individuals or the dealership themselves. I dealt with Tom King too. Really nice chap but often found he wasn't too sure of many things himself. He rarely gets back on emails. Like one of the members mentioned above, if hes not at his desk, no one attends to the calls made to him. Leave him voicemails and he'd only get back if its something that would benefit/be of use to him.

VIsited them on a Friday, I was told they had a couple of SE's and one Trophy available in couple of weeks. I made up my mind on Friday to go for Trophy but he did not have any appointments for Saturday. Called me Sunday morning instead and by then Trophy was gone. So I initially booked SE SR without affinity discount as he said there weren't any. Put in a deposit of £1000. I looked around with other dealers if anyone had Trophy. I found another dealer who was offering me a Trophy with affinity discount applied. Went back to Tom to cancel the order. And he wasn't happy to do it and left it to his 'bosses' to decide what happens with my deposit. Following day he called back saying now his bosses are willing to offer affinity discounts and he can get me a Trophy too. The fact that they were local and I was paying the same money was the only reason I still decided to go with them.

Car was delivered on time as promised but I was told that he was offering free mats too. I was really happy and pleased and left all the previous disappointments aside. Only after knowing it from threads here, I realised they had to offer the type 2 charger and the mats as part of the affinity scheme. I was only told of the mats as a pleasing thing. I had already purchased a type 2 charger by then and when I rang him to inform him about it, he had to consult the bosses again and agree to order a type 2 charger for me. Been over 2 weeks and no updates after that.

Any techinical questions I had before the purchase and after the purchase too were unanswered simply because they either weren't sure of it or they just confidently shot arrows in thin air. Thanks to the forum and the kind members here, I've learnt an awful lot about the car which I would have expected to come from the dealership. I really feel a lot of dealers like @Miles Roberts CG and @Sam Luscombe are pretty knowledgable and they put in those efforts to understand the car/tech before educating the customers. I only hope other dealers especially Glyn Hopkins put similar efforts too. But for them being local, I would not have gone to them for sure!

Ordered Red Trophy Connect on Dec. 9th - for delivery April. (Dealt with Manish Patel.) Heard nothing since. However, I have a fixed deal including fixed price on my trade-in, so it is their interest to supply asap. So, I am not chasing them - yet. I'll wait to the end of the month.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom