• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Good news - New Charging Points Increase at pace in rural Somerset

Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Over the last few years I have been checking the availability of EV chargers near to me as I live in a flat and am unable to have my own wall charger. before covid, when I started looking at purchasing an MG EV there were only 2 locations with 7kw chargers and 1 22kw within a 2 mile radius of where I live. I'm almost glad the pandemic stopped me going down the EV route then as 3 things have happened.

First the new models of the MG ZS and MG 5 are superior, in many respects, as well as the new model MG 4.

Secondly, there has been a real push to get more chargers in the area. Multi-7kw chargers are now in the main carpark and the parking is free after 6pm. Several new chargers are to be commissioned literally behind my flat.

Lastly, 2 rapid Instavolt chargers are soon to be commissioned at the local McDonalds.
received_1588854211626321.jpeg

That means I have a valid excuse to go to McDonalds and eat while the car charges.

It's good to have some encouraging news isn't it.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom