GUTTED !!!!

hmadsen

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Earlier today i was onboard a ferry, going home from a small motorcycle vacation with one of my 3 kids, i suddenly received 2 text messages in quick succession. (Translated from Danish)

1. Collission warning for you MG ZS EV at 1:53:47 pm
2. Airbag deployment warning for your MG ZS EV at 1:53:49 pm

Some Guy in a Ford mustang 5.0 V8 decided it was a brillant idea to Get partially out of his car to press a help button at a toll booth, with the foot on the brake and the car in reverse. He says his foot slipped and hit the accelerator. I secured the dashcam from the car and I Will probably upload to YouTube when i Get it pulled.

So, he smashed into our zs ev with such force that Even though the wife had her foot on the brake it was pushed back into a third car behind her and being a toll booth Lane and someone behind, there were No escape.

My guess is the car is totalled, which is a bummer after only having it for 3 months and having driven only 4000 miles.

The Guy was your typical mid 60s bald and probably with a malfunctioning penis, and the car had to make up for that.

He only got it 2 months prior.

Grrrrrrrr.........

Attachments

• IMG20220729205434.jpg
    IMG20220729205434.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG20220729210848.jpg
    IMG20220729210848.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG20220729205634.jpg
    IMG20220729205634.jpg
    645.7 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
The Wire Reaction GIF

Well 🤬. As much as I want to believe I'd shrug and say 'oh well, at least I have my health', someone would likely have had to pry my fingers from around his neck. I think the months of frustration from waiting on delivery, would've burst out of me.

All joking aside, thank goodness that your family is OK. Hopefully nobody has whiplash or anything.

Earlier today i was onboard a ferry, going home from a small motorcycle vacation with one of my 3 kids, i suddenly received 2 text messages in quick succession. (Translated from Danish)

1. Collission warning for you MG ZS EV at 1:53:47 pm
2. Airbag deployment warning for your MG ZS EV at 1:53:49 pm

Some Guy in a Ford mustang 5.0 V8 decided it was a brillant idea to Get partially out of his car to press a help button at a toll booth, with the foot on the brake and the car in reverse. He says his foot slipped and hit the accelerator. I secured the dashcam from the car and I Will probably upload to YouTube when i Get it pulled.

So, he smashed into our zs ev with such force that Even though the wife had her foot on the brake it was pushed back into a third car behind her and bring a toll booth Lane and someone behind, there were No escape.

My guess is the car is totalled, which is a bummer after only having it for 3 months and having driven only 4000 miles.

The Guy was your typical mid 60s bald and probably with a malfunctioning penis, and the car had to make up for that.

He only got it 2 months prior.

Grrrrrrrr.........
Argh! That's some mess...
Bloody idiot vanity Mustang driver!
Hopefully your wife & any others are ok if shaken up?
You be sure to take care of that dash cam footage!!!

Hope everyone in your family is well. The car is most certainly a write off.

The Mustang driver is a tosser.

Everyone seems to be ok, they opted to keep My wife over night due to chest pain.

One Thing i Will say though, the zs ev seems to be one tough cookie, this is how the mustang fared.

Hvis car is also a writeoff for sure, not that it changes a lot for me 🤢

He was at the hospital as well, his wife in the passenger seat got quite the beating as well from the impact. Wife knows me well enough that she refused to tell me who in the Waiting room it was, she knows i was liable to put him in hospital for real as well 😉 ( i quickly picked him out myself, he looked like the typical old "i have a broken penis so i Will Get a mustang to compensate" )

Talked to the boss of the Toll booth and he said most of his time after the accident was used to keep the Guy in the car behind ours from getting his hands on the mustang driver as well. That car was a man, his wife, and their infant.

Attachments

• IMG20220729210600.jpg
    IMG20220729210600.jpg
    826.3 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
Everyone seems to be ok, they opted to keep My wife over night due to chest pain.

One Thing i Will say though, the zs ev seems to be one tough cookie, this is how the mustang fared.

Hvis car is also a writeoff for sure, not that it changes a lot for me 🤢

He was at the hospital as well, his wife in the passenger seat got quite the beating as well from the impact. Wife knows me well enough that she refused to tell me who in the Waiting room it was, she knows i was liable to put him in hospital for real as well 😉 ( i quickly picked him out myself, he looked like the typical old "i have a broken penis so i Will Get a mustang to compensate" )

Talked to the boss of the Toll booth and he said most of his time after the accident was used to keep the Guy in the car behind ours from getting his hands on the mustang driver as well. That car was a man, his wife, and their infant.

It's a good thing that they're ensuring your wife is OK. Always safer to be sure, and it would've been a shock.

The car looks like a complete write-off. What is the reality of you being able to get it replaced like for like given current shortage, or had stock been OK in Denmark?

It's a good thing that they're ensuring your wife is OK. Always safer to be sure, and it would've been a shock.

The car looks like a complete write-off. What is the reality of you being able to get it replaced like for like given current shortage, or had stock been OK in Denmark?
Yes i cant imagine Them bring able to Get it back on the road.

This is the long range and right now it is not Even possible to order one, they took it off of the website because they are so far behind with deliveries.

My guess is that if i was able to order today i would have to wait a year before getting it.

Can Get SR but with 4000 miles in 3 months it is not feasible for us to Get that one.

Probably not possible but if the LR and SR had the same physical battery size they might be able to take the battery off of the crashed one and retrofit to a New SR

But I dont think they Will do that.

Next hurdle is going to Get the insurance company to Pay up.

I bet they Will at best offer me what i paid, Even though the price has since gone up and I am not able to buy a New one for the same price.

What an awful thing to happen - I hope your wife is okay. I can’t understand why the Mustang driver had the car in reverse in the first place. Bizarre!

Glad that everybody appears to be reasonably okay after the accident !.
Massive shame about your loverly car, I am so sorry.
What the HELL was he playing at ??? .
Yeah - Why the hell was he in reverse in the first place ??.
Seeing the reversing light come on would have been a huge cause of concern, straight away !.
Just a thought, was he at the barrier and then had a problem with toll booth, partly left the car to press the button, re-enters the car then selects reverse ( instead of drive ) and hits the gas pedal in attempt to show off his fancy car pulling away when the barrier raised.
You will see this on your dash cam footage.
In the U.K. you can opt to take out “Gap” insurance as a extra to your normal car insurance policy.
It is called “Gap Insurance” as in a situation like your, the insurance will find any cost “Gap” left between what your normal car insurance will pay out and the new cost of your replacement car.
As your car is almost brand new, the insurance company will usually pay out based on present market value.
As EV’s are difficult to obtain, then I would expect the offer you be okay.
This does not get you into a new car unfortunately !.
The hard pill to swallow here is this, the fool in the Mustang is likely to get his car replaced before you and it was his fault !.
A very expensive mistake to make on his part.

What an awful thing to happen - I hope your wife is okay. I can’t understand why the Mustang driver had the car in reverse in the first place. Bizarre!
He was past the "help button" so reversed to Get to it, and then he tried to Get out without putting it in, neutral or park

He only got the car 2 months ago and if he never drove an automatic he was probably a novice.

How he managed to accelerate half way out of the car is beyond me, and hold on

I suspect the dashcam Will show more details. Not home yet, still at the hospital awaiting to, see if they Will release the wife and then it is a 4 hour drive home in My parents skoda roomster i borrowed because our corsa is to small for the luggage they had.

"Where there is a blame, there is a claim".

Medical bills, car hire, physical injury etc etc. Make sure you get everything you are entitled to.
I have the Bills for the Toll bridge, and the hotel for me and the kids and I Will save the Toll bridge one the other way, plus Bills for petrol.

I don't know about you @hmadsen, but I have been driving for over 45 years without so much as a scratch but in the last 2 weeks I have been bumped twice. First time I was sitting in a McDo car park locally (car shut down), blue badge bay with plenty of space each side and a fellow was trying to get into the space alongside me. Big V90 Volvo. He cocked it up and ended up banging my right rear quarter. Bumper dented (even though it's plastic) and pushed out of alignment where it mates to the rear quarter panel. Guy in his 50's who was quite standoffish. Second one was this week in Cornwall where a guy brushed the rear bumper drivers side whilst passing me on a narrow road. I was stopped to allow him through. It's Motability and they are taking care of everything bless them.

Anyway, my heartfelt sorrow for you and your good wife and I really hope she makes a swift recovery. Losing the car is a nightmare in this current climate - I wouldn't know what to do.

All the best to you and the family.
Andrew

I don't know about you @hmadsen, but I have been driving for over 45 years without so much as a scratch but in the last 2 weeks I have been bumped twice. First time I was sitting in a McDo car park locally (car shut down), blue badge bay with plenty of space each side and a fellow was trying to get into the space alongside me. Big V90 Volvo. He cocked it up and ended up banging my right rear quarter. Bumper dented (even though it's plastic) and pushed out of alignment where it mates to the rear quarter panel. Guy in his 50's who was quite standoffish. Second one was this week in Cornwall where a guy brushed the rear bumper drivers side whilst passing me on a narrow road. I was stopped to allow him through. It's Motability and they are taking care of everything bless them.

Anyway, my heartfelt sorrow for you and your good wife and I really hope she makes a swift recovery. Losing the car is a nightmare in this current climate - I wouldn't know what to do.

All the best to you and the family.
Andrew
I have not seen an increase in things like that, and this is the first time in the 20+ years of motoring either of us has been involved in anything serious.

Wife has been let go from the hospital, we are home and i am just in the process of rewieving the Dashcam footage.

This guy is clearly a complete tosser from the look of the video

And yes, i fear i will not get a replacement within a year right now :(

In the UK there are companies that rent EV cars on a month to month basis. Is that an option for you in Denmark? And his insurance picks up the bill?

In the UK there are companies that rent EV cars on a month to month basis. Is that an option for you in Denmark? And his insurance picks up the bill?
To be honest i do not know, it would be ideal to get an EV, as we bought this one to save on "fuel costs" by charging from our solar panels.

But i know nothing about how it works when this kind of thing happen, as i have never been in this situation before.

"Some dude on the internet" from my country, claimed that the insurance company will "offcourse set you up with a loaner car until your new car arrives"

If i order today, the MG website right now says there is a leadtime on delivery of 9-12 months.

But again, i dont know if insurance companies can put pressure on MG to "special deliver" a new one sooner.

If they are to foot the bill for a loaner car, it would certainly be in their best interest to make sure i got a replacement car ASAP.

If they were able to get me a Polestar 3 as a loaner car, they can take however long they want to deliver the new ZS EV though :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom