• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Has Anybody Else Had These Issues????

KevNoRev

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi All.
I am taking my new MG4 back to have some issues hopefully sorted on Thursday.
I've had some issues since picking the car up and was wondering if I'm alone. And would be great to see if others have had issues and if they have been resolved:
The issues are:

Rattle in glove box area and footwell. I have had a look and seems to be coming from behind the glove box. Is audible at low speeds, (10 to 35/40mph). Seems louder when the glove box is open.
(I have checked the heater pipes under the glove box and this is not the issue)...

Since I collected the car I have been unable to activate a pre-conditioning (with or without cable plugged in/charging). When I am unable to start a preconditioning/heating up of the car from the app I get an error code on the app, (47). (This is with the car plugged in, (charging and not charging) The app also intermittently stops working and will not connect to the car, I get a "GPS not found" error message or a "The Remote control instruction execution has failed, please try again later".

The heating system is cold until set to 25 - 26 degrees or above.

Also had infotainment radio stop working, twice...I had to reset the infotainment system to sort this.

Rear covered "MG" logo area has condensation in it...seems to have trapped water! (I pointed this out on collection day).Apparently there are some “breather holes” . Does anyone know where these are located?

I have set a Max charge, (to 80%) and left my car on charge overnight. It does not work and the car has charged to 94%! I have also tried this when fast and ultra fast charging with the same outcome. This is set in the car as well as the app, (when that works).

Android Auto intermittently doesn't work. Wont connect or wont show as a phone is connected, even though it is.....I am using the original charge/data cable the phone came with, (A Mobile running Android 13).

Any advice/thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Which version of the car do you have? It seems that the SE SR version doesn't pay any attention to a limit set on charging, as its battery actually prefers to be charged to 100% (unlike the LR version).

I've only had my car (SE SR) for five days but I've also noticed a rattle in the glove box area which only seems to happen on uneven surfaces. I'm not sure whether to make an issue of it or not, I'd be interested to know what your dealer says.

Hi. Thanks for your reply.
My MG4 is a Trophy LR. It's an amazing car to drive, but all these issues are driving me mad!
I've had my MG4 for 3 weeks.

Yeh, I’ve got the heating issue. I find 25 degrees to be about right for me. Hopefully they will resolve it with a software fix in the future. They all seem to do it.
The App didn’t pre heat for me till I found out I have to start the battery pre heat first and now it works fine.
I use a wireless dongle for Android Auto so I can leave me phone in my pocket. Works perfectly every time.

Other than that, the cars been great for the 3 weeks I’ve had it. Even managed 5.0 miles/kWh on the way home today with mixed motorway and a roads.

Hi. Thanks for your reply.
I've seen some interesting reviews on the wireless dongles. Which one/ where did you get yours from?
I'll try the pre heat, but I'm sure it's supposed to pre condition without having to have the battery pre heat on.
And 5 miles per kw!!!!! How did you manage that!? I have had 3.2 on motorway (driving at 65mph) and the highest I have had is 3.4....what settings do you use? (Is your MG4 the LR or SR?
Cheers

This is the wireless dongle I use. Worked fine with my Fold 3 till the screen packed up and works fine with my Oneplus 11.

Amazon product ASIN B0BN3XL2BY
Yes, you shouldn’t need to pre heat the battery but it’s the only way for mine to accept the command otherwise it fails. The rest of the app works great.

Solihull to Redditch so about 20 miles. M42 for a bit and then A roads. Today was the best I’ve had by quite a way. Mines a Trophy.

Attachments

• IMG20230418145936_Original.jpeg
    IMG20230418145936_Original.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 201
Thanks for the info. I'll check out the wireless adapter thing.
Do you know what's been the overall average since the start? 5mpkw is bonkers! Just keen to see if your overall average is similar to mine....(which is around 3.1mpkw)

I reckon about 3.6miles/kwh. I get better figures on the way home as it’s more downhill and warmer. Also, the bloody motorway is 50 mph limit till November!

You might find the fault tracker of some help in locating threads that discuss these issues.

Hi. Many thanks.

I reckon about 3.6miles/kwh. I get better figures on the way home as it’s more downhill and warmer. Also, the bloody motorway is 50 mph limit till November!
50mph will help a lot. Downhill sounds good....shame it cant be downhill both ways! 😂. Would be interesting to see what you average on the way to work, (the more uphill leg of your journey). I went from Kettering to Rotherham and back on Saturday and averaged 3.2mpkw. I didn't think that was to bad as 80% of that journey was on the motorway @65mph

I get about 3.3 on the way to work. Colder and more uphill. The temperature makes a big difference. Used to be the same in my old Mini. I would get only 100 miles in the winter but about 120 in the summer.

Hi All.
I am taking my new MG4 back to have some issues hopefully sorted on Thursday.
I've had some issues since picking the car up and was wondering if I'm alone. And would be great to see if others have had issues and if they have been resolved:
The issues are:

Rattle in glove box area and footwell. I have had a look and seems to be coming from behind the glove box. Is audible at low speeds, (10 to 35/40mph). Seems louder when the glove box is open.
(I have checked the heater pipes under the glove box and this is not the issue)...

Since I collected the car I have been unable to activate a pre-conditioning (with or without cable plugged in/charging). When I am unable to start a preconditioning/heating up of the car from the app I get an error code on the app, (47). (This is with the car plugged in, (charging and not charging) The app also intermittently stops working and will not connect to the car, I get a "GPS not found" error message or a "The Remote control instruction execution has failed, please try again later".

The heating system is cold until set to 25 - 26 degrees or above.

Also had infotainment radio stop working, twice...I had to reset the infotainment system to sort this.

Rear covered "MG" logo area has condensation in it...seems to have trapped water! (I pointed this out on collection day).Apparently there are some “breather holes” . Does anyone know where these are located?

I have set a Max charge, (to 80%) and left my car on charge overnight. It does not work and the car has charged to 94%! I have also tried this when fast and ultra fast charging with the same outcome. This is set in the car as well as the app, (when that works).

Android Auto intermittently doesn't work. Wont connect or wont show as a phone is connected, even though it is.....I am using the original charge/data cable the phone came with, (A Mobile running Android 13).

Any advice/thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks

I have a Trophy, one of the originals. Ive had / not had

No rattles

I can pre condition car only if its unplugged. Sometimes it says failed GPS and won't connect but if i refresh the page on the app it generally kicks in.

Ive had it a few times where no matter what the heating is set to it won;t heat anything... but thats only happend a few times, other than that the eating has been fine, i find when the aircon is set to circulate rather than auto or air intake it doesnt work as good.

infotainment a few times randomly goes blank when phone is plugged in 9samsung galaxy) but i unplug the phone and plug ack in and it works.

I do randomly get fogging in the lights but does eventually go away.

Charging i dont think ive ever had a problem with,

I have ad a few other issues like TPMS aways says one tyre has zero pressure, my passanger button to open doors had to be replaced and a few others that got fixed eventually.... overall the drive is great... but I have so little faith in MG knowing how to fix things I give up.

The breather holes are along the back vertical edge
Air holes.jpg

Are you charging on a home charger or DC public charger?
The only setting I use on the app/car is to set the percentage to 80%. I don't set the timer on the app/car. I then set the charging time my home charger.

Hi everyone. I have had my car a few weeks now and you may have seen my posts elsewhere on here with quite a few issues. This is an interesting read thanks. This morning, my app is completely back at the start as if I am not logged in and I have requested password codes (as it is not accepting my password) and nothing. Currently, the most annoying other issue is that my DAB radio Keeps cutting out all the time. Driving me nuts . I do an hour commute (2 hours a day) and not having a radio is a little annoying. There are other niggles as well. FYI I also have experienced the 80% charge issue, but I do have the SE standard range model.

Hi everyone. I have had my car a few weeks now and you may have seen my posts elsewhere on here with quite a few issues. This is an interesting read thanks. This morning, my app is completely back at the start as if I am not logged in and I have requested password codes (as it is not accepting my password) and nothing. Currently, the most annoying other issue is that my DAB radio Keeps cutting out all the time. Driving me nuts . I do an hour commute (2 hours a day) and not having a radio is a little annoying. There are other niggles as well. FYI I also have experienced the 80% charge issue, but I do have the SE standard range model.
Have you tried requesting the password to be sent to your email address?
I have also found linking my car to my home wifi helps with connecting the app to the car when at home.
Can you use the FM radio as a stop gap until MG get the DAB sorted out?

The breather holes are along the back vertical edge
View attachment 17006

Are you charging on a home charger or DC public charger?
The only setting I use on the app/car is to set the percentage to 80%. I don't set the timer on the app/car. I then set the charging time my home charger.
Can you not just makes the holes a little larger to let it breathe better

The only niggles I've found with the car;

The infotainment system could be more user friendly - including the USB Music interface, and the way it reverts to Play All. I've only had to reset it once, no issue.

There could be a permanent 'Power Down' button on the main infotainment screen, for ease of use.

A slight misting of vapour inside the rear light housing, close to the MG badge, which disappeared fairly quick, but it's not limited to this car, or even this brand, and isn't anything to worry about.

The lack of rear passenger lighting, which was actually solved for me by changing the front dome lights to LED, now it's like daylight in there with them on.

I'm really enjoying the car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 425 79.9%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel