Has anyone noticed a new electronic noise lately coming from the MG5 dash?

Stuwit46

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
May be an odd question, but has anyone noticed a new noise lately coming from the dash. It’s an electronic noise, not a mechanical one. I initially thought it was when apple car play was activated but it doesn’t appear to be. I will continue to put the noise and situation together to try and work it out. Definitely not a bong, or a beep. cant record it as I don’t know when it’s happening 🤔

May be an odd question, but has anyone noticed a new noise lately coming from the dash. It’s an electronic noise, not a mechanical one. I initially thought it was when apple car play was activated but it doesn’t appear to be. I will continue to put the noise and situation together to try and work it out. Definitely not a bong, or a beep. cant record it as I don’t know when it’s happening 🤔
Not noticed anything on mine, is it when AC is on or something?

It's probably the sound of the heater cutting in and out.

Yes! Like a very low level, background, high-pitched sound. Can't quite describe it but definitely an electric buzz type noise. I've only had my MG5 EV for about 2 months but this started a few weeks back. Definitely not a heater.

Does it occur when you come to a halt and the auto-hold comes on? A noise a like a higher pitch drill sound?

I'm trying to recreate it but it's very random and inconsistent. I think it MIGHT actually be the heater/AC after all....

I'm trying to recreate it but it's very random and inconsistent. I think it MIGHT actually be the heater/AC after all....
I think it is. I hear a small little noise... like a slight humming noise and when I switch the heater / AC off it stops. Can only notice it if its quiet and I'm stationary.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom