Hawkins Hayle - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

I have only just found this thread, despite being a member of the site since early May.

I bought my MG4 from the Hayle branch of Hawkins in May 2023. My journey to getting it happened after my wife and I took their 2023 (blue) demonstrator for a test drive. I was hooked, and noticed they had an older (22) grey demonstrator for sale, so I took that for a test drive a few days later with a view to buying it, but the general condition of it and the excessive miles on the clock for the age didn't fill me with confidence (apparently, it had been used a runaround). The offered reduction on price from the list price was not enough to sway me to buying it.

Instead I ordered a new Trophy as a cash buyer, and two weeks later I was given the option of choosing between a blue, black or grey model. I opted for the Camden Grey, and collected it a week later.

My experience of purchasing from Hawkins at Hayle was generally positive, the only slightly negative issue was that phone calls were not returned when promised on a couple of occasions, which was annoying, but overall the experience was OK.

I had bought two new company cars (Peugeot) from the Hawkins Group previously (a different branch) in the 1990's and always found them to be quite efficient and approachable. So far I have not had any reason to go back to Hayle with the MG4, other than to get them to check the 'noisy' AC (a feature of the 4 apparently), but am hopeful the service team will be as good as the team s that did the company cars a couple of decades ago. I guess only time will tell.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom