Heating inside the car is not working

alexi

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi. has anyone had a problem with the A/C not working in the heat mode? mine seems to be blowing cold air no matter what temp I select. have tried with A/C button on, without, full blast, etc. the app is scanning the temp inside at 14 degrees so it should be blowing warm air but isn't. Thought maybe it is the heater fuse but cannot work out how to get to the inside fuse board from the instructions in the manual. thanks!

a) Make sure you're not in ECO drive mode
b) What temperature have you set the AC to? (I have mine at 25°C and fan speed 2)

(It seems the calibration of the internal temperature sensor is a bit "off" and you need to set the heating to higher than you'd normally go for it to start working properly).

b) What temperature have you set the AC to? (I have mine at 25°C and fan speed 2)

(It seems the calibration of the internal temperature sensor is a bit "off" and you need to set the heating to higher than you'd normally go for it to start working properly).
Hi. so it won't heat the car in Eco drive mode? that is a bit nuts! I think it was working in the last few days, just noticed today it was freezing. will try in normal drive mode to see if that makes a difference. and yes have noticed already that the temp setting needs to be a few degrees higher than normal. thanks

I remember seeing an option somewhere to toggle whether the heating reduces in eco mode or not. I'll try to find it again.

Hi. so it won't heat the car in Eco drive mode? that is a bit nuts! I think it was working in the last few days, just noticed today it was freezing. will try in normal drive mode to see if that makes a difference. and yes have noticed already that the temp setting needs to be a few degrees higher than normal. thanks
There is an eco mode in the A/C menu. I don't think this is related to the eco drive mode.
E5404E92-F9C2-4348-ACFC-EB48820890BF.jpeg

Ok so messed about with the settings and seems to be back on and hot air blowing. having car in eco mode and A/C in eco mode plus changing the a/c setting to follow the car's ECON setting seems to have done the trick. so it does look like you don't have to switch off the eco mode on the car to warm up the cabin :)

Thank you sg, had long drive home Thursday and couldn't get the heating to work and it has been worrying me. Forgot I had put the car in Eco mode! Duh.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 489 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back