Help! Can no longer access in-car SatNav

lee graham

I thought you had a YouTube channel by the same name?

edit, just seen your post saying it’s not me, then we all started talking about gaming. Oops

ARealHuman

I thought you had a YouTube channel by the same name?

edit, just seen your post saying it’s not me, then we all started talking about gaming. Oops
The name I use here is obviously more common than I thought! I do partake in a spot of gaming, but with a different name and I don’t stream or do any of that old nonsense ;)

ARealHuman

The annoying thing about all this is it's probably (hopefully!) a simple fix. I hope the dealer doesn't start taking things to pieces to send the unit back "as it's faulty". Also annoyed that Naviextras haven't repsonded to my two requests for support :mad::mad::mad: Anyway, I'll report back once it's been to the dealer late this week.

shikoku14

I have the exact same issue following the map update from naviextras, just stuck on the accept screen. I saved my log file if that helps.

I sent the log files and a description of the issue (and a link to this thread) to naviextras ticket system, hopefully I have better luck than @ARealHuman

Last edited:

ARealHuman

Well @shikoku14, I'm sorry you have the problems, but also gald I'm not the only one! ;) I hope you have better luck than me from Naviextras - let us know how you get on. I'll report back when I've heard from my dealer...

Mark Holmes

Would suggest that you perhaps just use Android Auto, or Apple Car play and select google maps as the updates are automatically done, this will save you heaps of time and these sort of troubles..

John58

Hi ARealHuman,

I received my restore package today from Naviextras Support (László). And quess, the navigation app works fine now. See also my earlier post about this subject.

ARealHuman

Would suggest that you perhaps just use Android Auto, or Apple Car play and select google maps as the updates are automatically done, this will save you heaps of time and these sort of troubles..
Perhaps you're right - CarPlay is my only option now. Just heard back from my dealer - MG UK keep telling them to refer me to Naviextras for help, so I have just looged my third request for support. I'm not hopeful I'll hear anything back, but it appears I'm stuck in the middle :mad: It doesn't exactly make you want to offer a glowing reference for MG....

ARealHuman

Hi ARealHuman,

I received my restore package today from Naviextras Support (László). And quess, the navigation app works fine now. See also my earlier post about this subject.
Hi - are these files something you can share? How did you get a response from Naviextras? I requested help via their support option on their website when logged in.

Edit - sorry, just re-read your earlier post. The support site you've linked to is different. I will try it later.....

shikoku14

I’ve actually not used the nav,exclusively Carplay and Waze for my nav. However, I did want to have the backup of naviextras in case I have issues with my phone / mobile reception.

Trending threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefan1512
Recent bookmarks
Top Bottom