Help with App

denise

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello all. New car owner collected it 4 weeks ago and love the car already
Downloaded the app and up to yesterday all good able to check battery - schedule charge etc… but now stopped working just keeps saying REMOTE CONTROL FAILED
Anyone got any ideas? Seems weird was working not just stopped
Grateful for any help

Mine has not been able to connect to the car since wednesday.

As in...Not at all, i can not see position, i can not see state of charge.

Same cannot see anything don’t refresh - but only since last night. Maybe a glitch with MG then?

Same cannot refresh so cannot see any status of the car. Maybe a glitch with MG then?

Hi folks, I have just checked my car status on the App and it appears to working fine.
There was an App update last week if I remember correctly ?.
About 10 days ago, the App just refused respond in any way, it just stopped working all together for about 6 hours.
Then strangely, it just started working again ?.
Two days later, it decided to sign me out of the App altogether and requested my password again.
Password given and we where back up and running.

Hi folks, I have just checked my car status on the App and it appears to working fine.
There was an App update last week if I remember correctly ?.
About 10 days ago, the App just refused respond in any way, it just stopped working all together for about 6 hours.
Then strangely, it just started working again ?.
Two days later, it decided to sign me out of the App altogether and requested my password again.
Password given and we where back up and running.
Thank you. All updates are done but still nothing. Not even asking me to add password. It’s just frozen and not updating. Over 24 hours now so very odd.

Spoke to MG head office and have been advised to visit dealership so will head there on my day off

Yes tried that. They said to pop in could be a malfunction & should be easy to update and get it working again

Have you tried deleting it and download it again, then retry logging in.
I tried rebooting the phone, and also to delete the app, and reinstall it and logging in again.

I still get "The status checking is failed. Please try again later"

Only thing i have not tried yet is the coldboot (Disconnect 12V battery and wait a while, and reconnect).

Yes tried that. They said to pop in could be a malfunction & should be easy to update and get it working again
Please keep us updated, i seem to have the same problem, and if it is solved by "popping in" i am definitively going to have this done, at the same time as i get my towbar fitted.

Quite a few owners had this problem last month. Turned out to be the server in China. Mine wouldn't work for three days. Then suddenly started again.

Good morning
This morning my app is back up & running on its own accord! Haha thanks all for messages

Quite a few owners had this problem last month. Turned out to be the server in China. Mine wouldn't work for three days. Then suddenly started again.
I read that yes, but mine is down now for 6 days.

Have just contacted the seller, i hope he can nudge someone to reset something on the server.

Hello all. New car owner collected it 4 weeks ago and love the car already
Downloaded the app and up to yesterday all good able to check battery - schedule charge etc… but now stopped working just keeps saying REMOTE CONTROL FAILED
Anyone got any ideas? Seems weird was working not just stopped
Grateful for any help
I used to have a similar problem with often failure to connect however since the recent update it connects much better however the travel map stays on Belgium and doesn't go to my location but find my car does. To get the route to the car I have to tap on the location and select the app eg Google Maps

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom