High power draw from cold in EV mode

JABO

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I'm seeing a lot higher power draw, kwh/100km at the first trip after many hours of stand still, the first few km's it's consequently above 30kwh, then slowly declining to more normal figures. If i leave it for like 30 mins and go again, it's around 22kwh. I guess its a matter of a cold gearbox and being able to see every wh that goes into driving.

My first miles is often well over 40kwh/100km I put this down to slowing and gentle accelerating around speed bumps etc, followed by booting it onto a 50mph road. Then often settle down to mid 30kwh/100km on a 50-70mph cruise.

hmm, at least it's the same pattern, but the main diff. is that mine cannot show above 30kwh/100km , anythin above that is shown as 30. Also your power usage is way higher, but it's probably just that yours is 100miles not 100km's ?

I'm seeing a lot higher power draw, kwh/100km at the first trip after many hours of stand still, the first few km's it's consequently above 30kwh, then slowly declining to more normal figures. If i leave it for like 30 mins and go again, it's around 22kwh. I guess its a matter of a cold gearbox and being able to see every wh that goes into driving.
It's probably the battery heater is it very cold where you live? sorry just realized you've got a PHEV not sure if they have battery heaters.

hmm, at least it's the same pattern, but the main diff. is that mine cannot show above 30kwh/100km , anythin above that is shown as 30. Also your power usage is way higher, but it's probably just that yours is 100miles not 100km's ?
yes ofcourse mine should be miles not km.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom